You can type here any text you want

Street Dominator

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Hello Buick v6 enthusiasts, i'm new here and have a question. I have a 1980 stock 3.8

• Total voters

Vegavulture

Hello Buick v6 enthusiasts, i'm new here and have a question. I have a 1980 stock Buick 3.8 . I found a v6 with a street dominator intake and holly four barrel carb. My question is ( because i'm having a hard time identifying the found v6 ) will that intake work on a 3.8 if it is off of a 4.3? The information i have founds gives me conflicting results, it's one or the other. The new block has a casting of 471594 and on the side of the block is 49 N.
Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

based off your casting number thats an oddfire chevy V6

so no it wont fit a buick... ....

but even if it was a buick V6 its more than unlikely that the street dominator will work. If my memory is right, the street dominator was made for the low port heads.

do you need a carb intake? I have a few spares.

i just had a chance to get this cheap, but i really don't want it if i can't use it. And yes i am interested, I would like to add a few things to my 3.8 to wake it up a little.

ya its a bummer it wont fit the Buick.

What kinda performance you looking for?

a stock 4.1 4bbl is pretty good start for a mild to medium NA motor. Other then that, i wouldnt look to anything more then the edlebrock dual plane intake as this will give the best of streetability for aftermarket units.

I reckon CharlieF1 has a couple of stocker intakes, I have an edelbrock.

Welcome to buick land, super cool to see another NA car.

this thread might do better in the B4B forum, MODS- Please assist.

This my first project, so i'm replacing the iron duke with the 3.8. As far as performance, enough to have fun but not interested at this time to go high performance. After reading lots of info i think anything over 250hp would be too ambicious

Aww.......... Lol

I find that kinda funny, im a huge fan of the duke as well...... Building a 500 hp duke as we speak! But i do love my buick V6

But anyways, it shouldnt be too hard to get your goals. A nice intake, decent cam, some headers and a nice hot ignition are all thats needed. Again welcome to the club! And enjoy your first buick!

Welcome to the board. I always check out new members if I get the chance. Like Aj said, the dominator is a low port intake but there's several different ones you can use for high ports. The stock 4.1 intake is good and in the B4black section has a sticky showing how to modify it. The Weiand, Kenne Bell, and edelbrock intakes are great but stay away from the edelbrock carbs. Holley or Q-jet are the way to go here and a spread bore design will help you get decent drivability and more than enough power.;)

Now if you want something wild and you can find it, the Inglese intake is 100% cool and you get six throats since it uses webers, but it's very hard to find and really pricey.:(

Buick = distributor in front, on angle.
Chevy = distributor in back, straight up.

I assume by your login you are working on a Vega? What year? Give us some specs and what you are looking to do. I have some experience with the Vega :D Great little cars.

fun to see more people buildin NA engine :D now im not the lone oddball anymore :P

cool , met the mad scientist already, as soon as i have the v6 out of the doner car i'll be back up in here picking brains

Just updating for Fuzzy. I have myself a 77 Astre wagon, a Safari.I also have a Buick v6 in a Monza parts car so I have all the extra hardwear to put it in my wagon. Still a long way from done but slowly collecting missing pieces and searching up interesting info on the car on the www. How on earth did they rebuild cars before the Internet, this thing is amazing.

Cool car to start off with. That is one of the more rara wagons for sure. The Vega is quite an unusual car and finding some of the silly stuff is a pain but I still love them. Just a word of advise speaking from experience, if you find a good windshield in any parts car, carefully remove it and save it. They are no longer made for the Vega and there are litterally a handful of new ones left in the country. Last one I saw for sale for a wagon they were asking 599 plus shipping! Ouch to say the least. If you need any help let me know. I have a huge stash of parts and a small bit of knowledge. My N/A project went a little overboard but I should still be able to help :p

Back