You can type here any text you want

stripped rubber brake line

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

l3lue

Got drivers side done, but passenger side sprayed with PB blaster but having a hard time getting the old rubber line off, think the nut is stripped. any suggestions?

If the head's striped then your best solution is a pair of vice grips, and prayer. If the threads are striped then you'll either have to cut the end off and put a new one on, or replace the line.

If you can't get a secure wrench on the rubber hose side and you are committed to replacing it... Cut the rubber hose so you can put a 6 point socket on there. Flare wrench on the steel line side did not work well for me, it would not budge. For some reason it came loose really easy with a pair of channel locks. If the fitting gets mangled you will need to cut the old flare off, replace the fitting and flare the line.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Got it! Vice grips , PB blaster and heat gun

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

As was said prior, vice grips. The trick is to get it TIGHT...but not so tight that it crushes the nut (lol) beyond repair. You have to find the sweet spot where the vice grips grab the nut securely enough without sliding but not so tight that it destroys the fitting. Seems like when you put a certain amount of pressure on there, it breaks up whatever fusion is going on between the fittings. Good luck.

Back