You can type here any text you want

Stroked 109, looking for rotating assembly suggestions.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

jbaker

Going to build a stroked forged 109 over the winter. Supporting parts will make no more than 600hp. Turning no higher than 5000 rpm. I'm having a hell of a time finding what is a US finished 3.625 forged crank. My builder doesn't like to use Eagle as he has found their tolerances float alot (wish that wasn't true since their crank is priced nicely!)
#1 Does anyone carry a stroked crank 4130 or 4340 that is finished here in the US?
#2 Long or short Rod? Suggested Brand?
#3 Piston. Suggested brand?
#4 Internally balanced seems to be less work and the route to go?
Thanks.

I have the Wiseco pistons you'll need that work with a 3.625" crank and 6.350" rods. Dave at Turbo Buick Performance has crankshafts and rods. (516) 285-1103

Our experience with Eagle has been the opposite from your builder as we have used MANY Eagle cranks, and our experience is that they have been very consistent in their finished machine work. :confused:

It is a good idea to get the entire rotating assembly including rings from one vendor, and Dave can supply you with a quality product.

Back