You can type here any text you want

Stroker 109 Engine??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TurboWh1

Are there any write up's on stroking the 109 engine? I've heard there is a lot involved in building a stroker, but what kind of machine work is required? I'm going to be rebuilding my engine over the winter. Plus I'm going to need pistons and possibly a crank so I'm thinking of going this way since there are kits out there to do this type of build.

THe 109 is easy to stroke. Buy a kit from DLS or Full Throttle. You will need to clearance grind the oil transfere boss to clear the #1 rod bolt head. Pretty easy with a die grinder. Check all clearances carefully, and check rod bolt to cam lobe for sufficient clearance. I have not had a problem with a hydraulic roller cam and a stroker kit with K1 rods. I have had issues with StageII on-center blocks with Cunningham rods hitting the rod bolts. Take nothing for granted and double/triple check everything. If you grind too far, or have a core shift issue and break through the oil feed hole, just ream up bigger and epoxy a brass tube in there, avaialable from a hobby shop. It comes in 1/64" increments and is .016" wall thickness. Works great. (it works good to seal up pushrods holes in the cylinder head when porting out to 1200 Felpro size, too.)

Back