You can type here any text you want

stroker??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

black owned

black pride
what are the benifits o building a stroker 109?do the cost outweigh the benifits?thanks...

more cubic inches, faster spoolup, more HP, more torque... I'd say those are great benefits

I'm not seeing where the price too much more than an EQUIVALENT standard stroke motor. Build a stock stroke with an internal balance forged crank, K1 rods, JE pistons, And Hyd. Roller. Than to the same with a stroker there would only be a couple of hundred dollars difference in the parts cost and a little more for the machine shop to clearance the oil galley.

If we're already making 2 hp and 2.5 ft/lb of torque per CID than another 20 cubic inches certainly can't hurt. More cubes to spool the turbo is definitely a plus. Everyone says that their stocker can spool real fast using trick x, y, or z. Those same tricks would work with more cubic inches too.

ANY forged internal balance rotating assembly and the supporting cast will be more $$$ than using stock parts, but you can't blame a stroker on that.

Yes, I cut and pasted this from an earlier post of mine. I was too lazy to retype it.

I spent alot of time thinking the same question out. After talking to alot of guys, I decided on a stroker because it will allow me to run a lower stall converter on a bigger turbo by about 300-400 rpm's. My 45a would need a 3600 stall on a stock stroke engine, but will only need a 3200 on a stroker. That is more suited for street driving in my opinion. I know that I did not like my other 3600 on the street, so the Buick would be no different. Get the DLS stroker kit if you do it.

:biggrin:

No. You have to call Dan. Do a search for his number, I do not have it handy.

I spent alot of time thinking the same question out. After talking to alot of guys, I decided on a stroker because it will allow me to run a lower stall converter on a bigger turbo by about 300-400 rpm's. My 45a would need a 3600 stall on a stock stroke engine, but will only need a 3200 on a stroker. That is more suited for street driving in my opinion. I know that I did not like my other 3600 on the street, so the Buick would be no different. Get the DLS stroker kit if you do it.

Coach,

Who is DLS and what makes his products stand out from others? You have me intrigued as I am building a stroker myself.

Thanks

Dan's engines are the fastest of the fast, with a few exceptions. Don Cruz (TSM driver) just went high 8's with a DLS 109 engine at the Norwalk event. Do a search on here and you will be able to read countless pages of info on him and his engines. Several Stage motors making BIG POWER on the street and track. Big $$$, but worth every penny. I just watched Brian Lorenze run 9.8's at mid 130's with a 249 DLS stroker. NO CAGE, 17,000 mile Buick Limited.

DLS phone is 1-219-956-3653
Dan is one of the top Buick engine builders.

Hope this helps
Dennis

Dan's engines are the fastest of the fast, with a few exceptions. Don Cruz (TSM driver) just went high 8's with a DLS 109 engine at the Norwalk event. Do a search on here and you will be able to read countless pages of info on him and his engines. Several Stage motors making BIG POWER on the street and track. Big $$$, but worth every penny. I just watched Brian Lorenze run 9.8's at mid 130's with a 249 DLS stroker. NO CAGE, 17,000 mile Buick Limited.

Thanks guys!

I will give him a call.

Back