You can type here any text you want

Strut Tower Brace

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Kyle F

Addicted to Boost
Will the TPI Strut tower brace fit the TTA?

I am thinking of installin a "Wonder Bar", a Strut tower brace, sub fram connectors (weld ins), Tubular pan hard rod, Tubular control arms, and replacing all bushing with Polyurethane units in the front and rear.

What do you think this set up will do for me? Also, what shocks would work well with this set up. I don't want to lower the car... its hard enough to get on inclines now, but I want it to handle well. This will be put on Kuhmo Z rated tires and possibly NIttos at the track. I know Kuhmos aren't the best tires, but they are on two thirdgens that are currently residing in the driveway and drive and stick great.

Can't do anything but help with the sturdity (my word) of the car. I know on my TTA the weld in SF connectors help immensly with the t-top rattling and overall rigidity of the car. I was also thinking about a strut tower brace but frowned on drilling any new holes in the tower itself.

I am not too worried becasue I saved mine from a junk yard (salvage title) so whats a few more holes?

I have KYB gas shocks on my car along with Hotchkiss panhard bar and control arms, Kenny Brown sub-frame connectors.

So, did that one list for a TPI?

I plan on doing them all together actually. When I just put a strut tower brace in my old Trans Am... wow what a difference, only problem was that with a new front end kit with poly bushings and the strut tower brace, it made the rear end feel really loose. The front of the car would plan so hard in the corners, the rear end felt like it was "pushing" out on me. Kind of liek a feeling of oversteer. So, this time around the Sub Frames will go in as well as some rear end components.

Back