Anyone Running Umi Performance Rear Shock Tower Brace

Hahny

I would like to know if anyone is running a Umi Performance rear shock tower brace and get your thoughts on it. I will be getting their upper/lower control arm kit soon for my GN and just thought that the rear shock tower brace would be a great addition to the rear. Thanks

I’m running one in
My car. Can’t go wrong when it comes to bracing any area of these frames!

My thoughts exactly. Are you also running the X brace kit for the trunk?

Yes, all of Kirban’s front frame / body braces. Got GNS Performance rear frame rail brace too!

Damn, you have it covered. How does the car ride/feel compared to stock?

Car rides & handles well. Might also be the coil overs and tubular control arms? New body bushings and GTA 16" rims with BFGoodrich G Force Sport tires help too!

What exhaust are you running? You will have trouble with the stock hangers not fitting.

ATR 3" dual exhaust.
I have the ATR 2 1/2" dual exhaust that used the stock rear hangers and I had to modify the hangers to work . I ended up using a 1 1/4" split collar . I modified the hanger and welded it onto the collar . I can remove the collar if I need to work on the exhaust .
DSCN0550.JPG

Installed mine today, looks good. Not sure if it will make a difference since I have plenty of bracing as it is.

140200dba7a442689fd5589fddc9fcf7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Installed mine today, looks good. Not sure if it will make a difference since I have plenty of bracing as it is.

140200dba7a442689fd5589fddc9fcf7.jpg

Wow...that's one pretty looking frame you got there. It looks like you're doing a frame off restoration. Very nice!!

I have the ATR 2 1/2" dual exhaust that used the stock rear hangers and I had to modify the hangers to work . I ended up using a 1 1/4" split collar . I modified the hanger and welded it onto the collar . I can remove the collar if I need to work on the exhaust .
View attachment 328827
I just installed my UMI shock tower brace yesterday and just ran into the same problem with it not allowing me to reuse my factory hangers.. Now, I will have to weld on two new hangers for my exhaust. Nothing is ever easy. I just hope that this part is worth the trouble.

Unpopular evaluation coming.

UMI knows their shit. Their stuff is top notch, and Ryan and Ramey know what they're doing.

That said, this brace will not help you until:

1) You've replaced the body bushings
2) You're running a high end tire and are pushing the car hard.

If you haven't met these conditions, this brace isn't going to help. It might make you feel better. It certainly will add weight. If your body bushings are shit, then it might help, but that's help in the wrong way. There is a place for this brace. Until you've replaced the body bushings, it's money on fire. Body bushings are first.

Yes, their products are top notch and I do have new body bushings on my car, so I guess I shall see once I get my new exhaust hangers welded on this coming week, along with UMI's upper/lower roto joint control arms and a new Spohn rear sway bar. Thanks for your evaluation on this matter.

View attachment 328827
I just installed my UMI shock tower brace yesterday and just ran into the same problem with it not allowing me to reuse my factory hangers.. Now, I will have to weld on two new hangers for my exhaust. Nothing is ever easy. I just hope that this part is worth the trouble.

Post pics when you have the exhaust on. My old exhaust was aftermarket so I was not using the stock hangers to begin. I’m curious to know how your exhaust will clear UMI, so far I might go with GN1 dual.