Stuck at 15 PSI

neat

My 87 Regal won't make anymore than 15 PSI. I haven't found any exhaust leaks or leaks in the turbo intake plumbing.

The turbo has 125K on it, how likely is it that the turbo is starting to wear out?

Is the orifice inline in the wastegate hose and is it run properly?

Is the wastegate solenoid on the valve cover Plugged or is it open to the atmosphere?

Has it ever made more than that?
Do you have an adjustable actuator?
Are you using complete stock boost control?

More info please

Is the orifice inline in the wastegate hose and is it run properly?

Is the wastegate solenoid on the valve cover Plugged or is it open to the atmosphere?

I'm using the RJC boost controller in my sig, so there is no orifice.

The wastegate solenoid is gone.

Has it ever made more than that?

Yes. 1500 miles ago it would spin to 20+ PSI pretty easily.

Do you have an adjustable actuator?

Yes, tightening it makes no difference.

Are you using complete stock boost control?

No, I am using the RJC boost controller in my sig.

More info please

I took the vacuum line off the actuator to see if the problem was related to boost control, and it still won't make more than 15 PSI.

take your rjc controller apart and strech the spring A LITTLE BIT, watch out for the ball bearing it side!! mine did the same thing a while back. WATCH THE BOOST ON YOUR FRIST RUN!!!!

take your rjc controller apart and strech the spring A LITTLE BIT, watch out for the ball bearing it side!! mine did the same thing a while back. WATCH THE BOOST ON YOUR FRIST RUN!!!!

I took the boost controller out of the equation by unhooking the vacuum line from the actuator. It should of boosted to the moon without that attached.

sorry i did not take time to read the post above:D air filter clean? could the stock flex tube be colasping under boost? is your car still running good? any oil in the intercooler (bad bearings-seals) is the impeller easy to turn? maybe this helps..

I had an actuator go bad once, same symtoms. See if you can borrow a known good one and swap. If you're running high boost you might want to consider a high boost actuator.

Assuming that you have checked all the obvious, Just for drill replace the vacuum hoses on the block on top of the throttle body.Good preventive maintenance anyhow There may be a split in the hose that connects to the boost gauge & causing the gauge not to get a good signal.That bit me once. I actually had more boost then the gauge was indicating but would not read past 15# as in your case.

The car is about 5 MPH and .5-.6 of a second slow at the track, so I don't think it's making the boost.

Thanks for the replies, keep em' coming.

It was a split silicone connector from the intercooler to the up pipe. The split was small, like a slice from a razor blade. Replaced the coupler, and now everything is great. Thanks for the help guys.