Stupid Stupid Question

Snake Killer

Sorry kind of a noob to these cars, as I'm trying to rebuild the motor by my self and i've never done anything like it yet, so its a real challenge.

Well the motor is in the car and everything is great, thanks to this website and the search feature, i've found just about everything i needed to know up to this point

Motor is in the car, few things i'm still confused about.

Where does the Brake Booster Vacuume line Go? I've done a search here and on GNTTYPE.org and so far the only thing i can think of is just Tee it off with the manifold somewhere? :confused:

Question two, What are the two nipples under the Throttle Body used for? This has bugged me for quite some time and a search has yielded nothing. I've searched here and GNTYPE and the only answer I could find was "Maybe they are coolant lines, but most people just block them off"

Where do they Go to, i cant seem to find a picture or anything, or do you simply just block them off.

Any response or help would be the best ever.

I originally T'd mine into the PCV line for my vaccum brake setup, now I have one of these . The two lines at the bottom of the TB are for coolant to prevent the TB from freezing in winter. Most people including myself just block them off.

I assume it has been converted to vacume brakes then the vacume line Ts in between the PCV valve and vacume block or get a vacume block from Kirbans that has the nipple and the 2 nipples under the throttle body were for coolant and everybody blocks them off they used to hook to the coolant line by the top of the pass valve cover.HTH

derek said:
I originally T'd mine into the PCV line for my vaccum brake setup, now I have one of these . The two lines at the bottom of the TB are for coolant to prevent the TB from freezing in winter. Most people including myself just block them off.

Can you tell i'm excited about almost being down? I'm lurking this topic every 5 minutes!!

Thanks for you response!! Finally starting to get somewhere ( just need water lines and i guy shipped them today :D )

Question about your link, It sent me straight to kirbans website but without a part or number, i'm going to look around the site a little and see if I can deduce what you are talking about.

About the throttle body coolant line, what do you block it off with? Just a rubber plug with a ziptie, or do you screw something on top of it. Thanks for your quick reply though tommorow i've got the whole day off so its back to hackin on the car for a while.

TWISTER said:
I assume it has been converted to vacume brakes then the vacume line Ts in between the PCV valve and vacume block or get a vacume block from Kirbans that has the nipple and the 2 nipples under the throttle body were for coolant and everybody blocks them off they used to hook to the coolant line by the top of the pass valve cover.HTH

Thank you too for your response!!

If you dont mind be asking how did you block those off?

put a piece of rubber coolant hose from one nipple to the other. not the nipples on the throttle body, but the ones on the bigger coolant lines (heater), just kind of a loop... you can leave the throttle body ones with nothing on them

12lbChevelle said:
put a piece of rubber coolant hose from one nipple to the other. not the nipples on the throttle body, but the ones on the bigger coolant lines (heater), just kind of a loop... you can leave the throttle body ones with nothing on them

I see. Well i just paid 45 Dollars for a set of used one on the forums so i guess i'll use them :biggrin: I figure better to have them just in case than to not have them at all. As far as the Throttle body, i'll just leave that open! Thanks a bunch tommorow i may even fire the car up! This site is the best. Its been pretty easy installing a motor bymyself with all the technical stuff being taken care of by this websites members and the search feature. Thanks agian.

Snake Killer said:
Can you tell i'm excited about almost being down? I'm lurking this topic every 5 minutes!!

Thanks for you response!! Finally starting to get somewhere ( just need water lines and i guy shipped them today :D )

Question about your link, It sent me straight to kirbans website but without a part or number, i'm going to look around the site a little and see if I can deduce what you are talking about.

About the throttle body coolant line, what do you block it off with? Just a rubber plug with a ziptie, or do you screw something on top of it. Thanks for your quick reply though tommorow i've got the whole day off so its back to hackin on the car for a while.

Sorry bout that. It's in the "engine" section, item 51 of 60 ,HTH.

derek said:
I originally T'd mine into the PCV line for my vaccum brake setup, now I have one of these .

Hi-

If "one of these" means the vacuum block with the port for brake vacuum, some guys do not like the look of the vacuum line passing over the driver side valve cover...just something to consider.

My car takes brake vacuum off a "T" from the PCV valve (like Derek originally had)...and I have good brake performance with that. The line can be run back to the firewall and then up to the booster.

Steve