You can type here any text you want

Stupid Wiring Question FAST

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

V8killR4U

Ok I have the Later Version FAST and the adaptor harness for the GN. Im not sure whos wiring harness it is. I bought the whole set up off this board. My question is DO I have to drill a whole in the Firewall to feed the harness through or is there a pre existing whole there i can feed it through. I know its a dumb question and perhaps too vauge, just wondering how you guys did it. Hate to drill holes in the firewall if i dont have too or if there is another way to acheive the same results. How hard is it to depin something and how much for the tools to do it?

Ok I have the Later Version FAST and the adaptor harness for the GN. Im not sure whos wiring harness it is. I bought the whole set up off this board. My question is DO I have to drill a whole in the Firewall to feed the harness through or is there a pre existing whole there i can feed it through. I know its a dumb question and perhaps too vauge, just wondering how you guys did it. Hate to drill holes in the firewall if i dont have too or if there is another way to acheive the same results. How hard is it to depin something and how much for the tools to do it?

There is a hole where the antenna wire goes through, behind the ECM kick panel. Get a flashlight and stick your head down there and you will see it. Then you have to fish the wires up into the engine bay. :biggrin:

Not sur ebut you may have to de pin the connector to put it thru
You can use a way smaller hole this way

I ASSume your talking about the wideband harness? If so I usually cut the wires and solder after installation. Make sure you use the 02 connector when soldering.

There is a hole where the antenna wire goes through, behind the ECM kick panel. Get a flashlight and stick your head down there and you will see it. Then you have to fish the wires up into the engine bay. :biggrin:

Considering the WB connectors at the end of the wires, not mention the other connectors do you think it will fit? Im assuming these connectors have to be de-pinned right? :confused:

I ASSume your talking about the wideband harness? If so I usually cut the wires and solder after installation. Make sure you use the 02 connector when soldering.

Because i didnt want to hack the harness up because it looked liked it had been cut up before I was trying to avoid that, but it looks like Ill have to either depin the connectors or cut and resolder the harness.

Cut and resolder sounds easy, how hard is it to de-pin the connectors?

Thanks for the replys guys!

I guess one other question I have is this splicing into the injector harness business. Exactly what wire is this im splicing into and if i understand correctly im not actually splicing into this injector wire? Any input guys on this? Any pictures or color codes i can use to find this wire. This injector harness is actually in the engine bay correct? If so where abouts? I know its alot of questions and maybe kind of dumb but hey I just like to be 100% certain instead of not being sure and not have something wired up correctly and mess something up. :eek:

Well reading another post with a similar question looks like the Injector wire is Labeled "E" and is pink and black same color as the wire on the FAST harness. Cut this wire, cap off the end going into the compartment and connect the wire from the FAST into the injector harness. I think thats right. :cool:

Ok last question. Do I have to do anything or relocate any sensors, splice any wires for the MAP/MAF sensor:confused:

Well reading another post with a similar question looks like the Injector wire is Labeled "E" and is pink and black same color as the wire on the FAST harness. Cut this wire, cap off the end going into the compartment and connect the wire from the FAST into the injector harness. I think thats right. :cool:

You are right

Ok last question. Do I have to do anything or relocate any sensors, splice any wires for the MAP/MAF sensor:confused:

You have to tie into the map signal behind the glove box. It's a green wire but I can't give you specific enough directions without looking at it and I'm at work. Maybe somebody else will get that for ya.

You have to tie into the map signal behind the glove box. It's a green wire but I can't give you specific enough directions without looking at it and I'm at work. Maybe somebody else will get that for ya.

The green wire Dusty's talking about goes through a clear (at least on my car) connector. You should be able to get at it from under the dash when your routing the o2 wires.

The green wire Dusty's talking about goes through a clear (at least on my car) connector. You should be able to get at it from under the dash when your routing the o2 wires.

Ok once I locate this wire what do i do with it. I know this sounds like a stupid question? Do I splice another wire into this green wire? Am I splicing a wire from the FAST Harness into this green wire or does this have nothing to do with the FAST wiring harness at this point.

Thanks for the help guys!:cool:

Ok once I locate this wire what do i do with it. I know this sounds like a stupid question? Do I splice another wire into this green wire? Am I splicing a wire from the FAST Harness into this green wire or does this have nothing to do with the FAST wiring harness at this point.

Thanks for the help guys!:cool:

Anyone? I planned on trying to put this in this weekend. Anyone know where i can get the de-pinning tool? I'd rather de-pin it than cut the harness up to eliminate drilling a big hole in the firewall.

Please help guys:(

Here's what I can remember

(Assuming the precision adapter)

The green MAP wire (from adapter harness) gets spliced into the green wire on the clear connector.

Cut the pink/black wire on the injector harness (cap it) and solder the FAST adapter pink/black wire in.

Route the O2 wires into the engine compartment.

Route the pwr/gnd wires to the battery.

It's been awhile, but that should be it.

Do you have a startup program?

Back