You can type here any text you want

Sub and amp questions

• Thread starter Thread starter Cakes
  • Start date Start date

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
C

Cakes

My car came with an 15" MTX Elminiator Enclosureless sub that was built into the rear seat. I have removed it since I put in some rear seat braces. What my question is can I put the sub in a box and have it sound ok? Also what amp would be good for this application? Thanks!

I'd keep it as an infinite baffle still but build a board that angles up. Keep the bottom of the board right against the back seat (and your braces) but then angle the top of the board back toward the trunk. I did an install just like this for someone a long time ago and it was very loud. Just be sure to put some enclosures around the 4 X 10's (or whatever you have in there) because the pressure from the sub will color the sound of the other speakers. The board basically forms a triangle with one side being the back seat, another side being the shelf where the 4 X 10's and 3rd brake light are and then the hypotenuse (3rd side) being your board.

enlcosures

"Just be sure to put some enclosures around the 4 X 10's (or whatever you have in there) "

How are you enclosing your rear deck speakers? There's not much room there, especially if you are running 6 X 9s with adapters like me.

I have wanted to do this to tighten things up back there, but can't see a way.

Back