You can type here any text you want

Suggestions for good basic intro to car mechanics books?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

FlaBoy

Just a good ole boy...
Ok, tell me i dont have the coolest girfriend. She is asking me for car books for christmass. She doesnt know a damn thing about them, but wants to, especially since i am obsessed. So can anyone reccomend some good books that discuss the basics of auto-mechanics? Like, how a 4-stroke engine works, what some of the major systems are and how they work, things like that. Maybe some basics on performance. It doesnt need to be turbo-buick specific, jsut a general introduction to being a gear-head i guess. Shes a very smart girl, so they dont need to be dumbed down to grade-school level, but shes not in the math/engineering field, so if it reads like an engineering textbook it may be a little much. Any help would be aprreciated... i DEFINITELY want to encourage this behavior... imagine... no more having to explain to a girlfriend why i had to spend saturday working on my car... she could be here helping me!! Thanks in advance for any suggestions guys!

I have a set of State of CA Clean Air Car Course training manual and Student Work book. It describes basic 4 stroke theory, basic forced induction, emission control system repairs, computerized engine controls, ignition, carburetion and fuel injection. I only have two sets and one is my personal copy. So I can send my extra set to you.

Back