Suggestions from big cam users

robh

I fired up the car yesterday and broke the cam in (I hope). But I was having problems trying to get the idle correct. The cam is a custom grind 224/218 at .050 and .485/.469 with a 110 lope sep. Please don't ask why? I am nervous as is and I trusted the engine builder.
Anyways because the idle is at 1000 smoothly the tps is way off. I could not get it adjusted correctly going by gnttype procedures for resetting IAC and TPS. Either idle would be correct or WOT not both. I run PTE chips should I just send it in and have them recal for cam? Was using 200/200 Lunati before?
I have a TPS TEC enhancer that corrected these values .42 idle and 4.78 WOT. Should I just run with this?
Also BLM were at 132. Could this be because I have the idle screw adjusted and not the chip? Any help would be appreciated plus anyone in the Detroit area willing to go to Milan let me know.
TIA

Well it seems like there's stuff going on not related to the cam. In the grand scheme of things a 224/218 is not really that big. You'll probably gain some nice mph with it vs the 200/200 at the same boost level. It should idle fine when the other issues are fixed.

TurboTR

There is a way to adjust the TPS to get the idle and WOT to where you want them...IMO, the TPS-TEC is a band-aid...

To set the TPS, loosen both screws and pull the TPS towards the front of the car...Keeping the forward pressure on the TPS, set the idle volts to where you want them and snug the screws down, re-check the idle volts and then check the WOT setting...You may get lucky and not have to do any more fiddling...If the WOT is still not high enough to your liking, then you may have to elongate the slotted holes on the TPS to allow a little more forward movement of the TPS itself...After elongating the holes, re-install the TPS and repeat the above procedure until you get the settings you are looking for...

Here's the gnttype write-up about it...
http://www.gnttype.org/techarea/maintenance/TPS.html

Thanks but that's what I was trying to do. I think I will just change the chip and start adjusting again. thanks