TPS bad?? Pulling my hair out

stevendmckee

Ok so I'm idling up to 1400-1700rpm in park and neutral and 1000+ in gear.

Checked the new TPS i had installed on my scanmaster it's showing 4.5 at idle and 1.28 at WOT.... car has a mild cam in it so it had a nice chop sound at idle and now it's gone and idling up too high.

I checked the IAC adjust screw on the back of the throttle linkage arm and it's adjusted back to just a hair of a turn touching the throttle plate....

Do I have a bad TPS? Put a multimeter on it and it was showing the same numbers at the connector as the scanmaster...

I am so frustrated with this thing I don't know what else to check. I have read every post related to TPS adjustment, I've tried and tried to get it down to the parameters everyone suggested (.40 & 4.2) but it won't go anywhere close to that....

Please please help me???!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Read this thread,if you haven't already. It should be of great help to you. But if you still need assistance after doing so,ask away.

https://www.turbobuick.com/threads/how-exactly-do-adjust-the-iac.302184
I read through the whole thing and understand it all, I will give it another try once it stops raining and I'll start with the IAC adjustment and see if I can get my numbers down where they need to be. Thanks for the reply.

Right now at idle with a warm engine and in park they are in the low 80s and have gone up to 96. I have adjusted the screw all the way out so the throttle stop plate isn't even touching it and it doesnt go any lower than that. Also my tps readings are way off... engine off and key on it is giving me an idle reading of "4.80" and when I go to WOT I get "1.28" numbers from scanmaster and verified under the hood on a voltmeter at the sensor connector
e72f9e3df9f93d8980b20ef9f0a4be56.jpg
7525d9d8327b4e745158f2e4e59f2252.jpg

Keep in mind the engine would need extra air to idle at 1500. It's getting it from somewhere. The iac may be stuck or failed or there is a vacuum leak it's sucking the air from. You need to check all these things and make the call.

The tips should be around .42 at idle and 4.60 at wot. can you post a pic of the tps as it is now?

It ran great until it went out...

What kind of indications did it show that it went out? what made it go out / what were you doing?What readings on the scanmaster? What brand or where did you buy the replacement TPS from?

Also it would help if you would put the information about your car in your signature. How long you have owned it,what modifications was done by you or the previous owner,mileage,condition.