You can type here any text you want

Suggestions on what to do with suspension.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Turbodan

I have the Eibach lowering springs and tokico shocks on my car with 18" rims. The car drive like a tank!!! Every bump in the road is felt. And there are alot of bumps in Michigan roads. I like the way the rims look and fit. I need to figure out what I should do about the ride of my car. Should i try putting on some close to stock springs with bilsteins or get rid of the 18"rims and tires? What part of this combo is causing me the most grief?? HELP MY TEETH ARE RATTLING OUT!!!

The springs you have are progressive in design,many have used these with pretty good feedback.Id say the rubber is doing it.What kinda tires you running.Bigger wheels and tires look cool but are going to ride harsher than smaller dia. designs. Never heard of shocks youre using,How old?Whats the ride rating?

I am running 18" ROH rims with Sumitomo tires on them. The rubber between the road and rim are about 2 inches on the fronts and 3.5 inches on the rear. So I would say these are low profile for sure. Here is a pic of how they look.

Attachments

• Side17s.jpg
    Side17s.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 177
I don't know anything about the shocks. they are a year and a half old. Not sure of the rating.

Thanks. Does everyone agree with suicide???? Should getting new rims and tires change my mind about the Eibach lowering kit springs?

Get some 90/10 shocks for the front and back. It'll be loose as sh¡t. :rolleyes:

I'd just tough it out personally. I've never seen those rims on a Regal and you're car looks killer.

I would go with stock springs and big sway bars for smooth ride. If shocks are adjustable, loosen them up to "soft" setting. If that doesn't work, sell the wheels/tires. What is the spring rate for the Eibachs?
Conrad

ps...do you have aftermarket control arms/bushings?

Those tires don't have enough sidewall height to absorb road bumps. A 60 series tire will flex more than a 50 series and so on. Looks good sitting still, though.

Also, are the tires Z rated? If so, go with a lesser (lower performance) to soften the ride a bit. Z-rated tires have very stiff sidewalls.
Conrad

alphaenvirmgt said:
Also, are the tires Z rated? If so, go with a lesser (lower performance) to soften the ride a bit. Z-rated tires have very stiff sidewalls.
Conrad

True, It sounds like a multitude of small issues.
Tokicos are nice shocks, but stiff, you have blues (High press non adj) is my guess. If they are white they are adjustable, 1-5 setting on the tops. The Eibachs are a little stiff, your tires are smaller sidewall which hurts a little more w/ vibrations, the bushings are how old? Poly or rubber? Rubber rides better, Poly handles well, but gives more feedback aka bumps and vibes. If this is a daily driver, I dont blame you for wanting to change this. Try OEM springs w/ a dropped spindle to drop the front and smooth it out a little. Also, even a 17" wheel tire combo will add sidewall, and still give you a larger wheel look. Dont be afraid to go a little larger diam. on the tires than suggested to remedy this prob...if its that important to you.
Good luck, the car looks great,
Greg

Thanks for all the replies. Shocks are the blue colored shocks. I would like to maybe find a 16" rim. But I worry about that clearing the 12"ls1 rotors that are installed.

I can tell you that the B-Car 12" spindle/rotor will clear Pontaic GTA wheels. Don't know about LS1's.
Conrad

I stopped over at Aggressive auto and spoke to Bruce. He told me to bring car in when it gets nice out and we will hoist it up to see whats under her. He said he knows of guys running 18" rims with not so much problems. I am leaning towards changing the shocks to Bilsteins and getting the Kirban springs. So i will probably be selling those Eibach and Tokico setup soon. There is about 3000 miles on the springs and shocks.

Back