You can type here any text you want

Sunday afternoon encounter

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Turbojorge

Unstoppable
I took the GN out for a quick cruise on Sunday before putting it away for the week. It was a hot 90* day, but that’s about the usual here in Miami. While making a right turn down a main road, I noticed an earlier model Supra (87-93?) that looked lowered with some 17 inch rims, turning to go the same way I was going. I decided to slow up and wait to see if he wanted to play. As he gets closer, I can see a Front mount IC on it and I start to wonder. He finally catches up and gets on it a little and so do I but we let off because of some traffic. He got in the left lane to turn left and I went ahead and got behind him. From here, I see a Boost gauge, and an APEXi 3” exhaust system. The car looked a bit rough as far as paint, but it sounded healthy. After we turned, we get next to each other and start to talk. I still have the numbers written on my glass from the last time I went to the track, so he asked me what the car runs and I said low 13’s (low 13’s at best in full street trim, so I didn’t lie). He said he hadn’t been to the track yet, but his car should run high 13’s. Oddly enough, he told me he was only boosting 7 psi from his “stock” Turbo. I’m thinking no way cause I looked into a few Supras before I bought the GN and they were all running 12-15 psi with no problem. Sh!t, 7 psi is what a bolt-on turbo civic runs with no cooler! We ended up being the first two cars at the next light right next to each other, so I asked if he wanted to go and he said sure. I was on the right lane and he was on the left. We both revved up a little (I can’t build boost on the street because with street tires, it’s just a waste of time). When the light turned green, the cars that were making their left turn in front of us were still turning even on the red arrow (Idiots) so he left hard but I got cut off and didn’t even go. I roll up to him again and I was like; “come on man, you can’t do that to me”. He said; “Yeah, I kinda saw you get cut off”. A few more blocks go by and I asked him to follow me if he still wants to go and he does. We make another left turn onto another main road and slow down to about 15 and just stay next to each other to wait for the traffic in front to clear a bit. We finally look at each other and I just tell him to go when ever he was ready (I’m just a nice guy like that). In disbelief, he did a double take, and then nailed it from about 15 or so and then I did the same. He pulled about a car on me, while I was ripping the tires up (275/60's!) and going side ways. We were dead even by the time I stopped spinning and then I pulled about 2 cars on him before shutting down at about 70mph. Wow! I scared the crap out off my self and prolly this guy too. I had never lit them up that bad on the street from a roll! The car felt really good at 18psi (Xylene mix) with no knock and the 02’s at about .780. I gave him the thumbs up and then took the car home to rest until next weekend.

I really miss driving this car as my daily driver. :(

Ive had a few probs with Xylene, but reading posts like this make me wanna give it one more try.:D

I've been running Xylene for about 10 months now and have never had any problems. Every time I go to the gas station, it's allways 9 gallons of 93 and 1 1/2 gallons of xylene. On cool nights, which are very rare down here, I can get up to 20 psi with no knock but I don't like to push it that far. It all depends on how much timing is in the chip.

:cool:

Nice Kill

Turbojorge

That was truly an awesome kill, especially in street trim. :cool: Atleast the guy was a good sport, not everyone can take a punishment like that and still smile back at ya.:)

aw come on jorge one of those ugly things you raced thats sad i though it was one of the newer ones. i dog those things turbo all day when the impala ss was on the road....:rolleyes:

Nice kill..

..Jorge. What color was the car? There was one of those car out @ a spot this weekend running a lot of the honda's. Sounds like you car is running good.:D You going to be in town this weekend?? If so, let me know, there is a new spot, closer to where you hang that has been really good recently.

-Alex

where would thatbe at blackshoebox i live 2 blocks from jorge i want to know he is always upstate anyways i want to know...mememememe....:(

Alex,

Whats up Bud. Yeah, the car is really running good on pump gas now (no alky). Too bad I'll lose the tune (again) next time I'm at the track when I start running C-12. I'll be down this weekend and I wouldn't mind some action. The Supra was a Maroon (spell?) color one, a bit fadded with a Targa top.

Send me the info on where to go, if you haven't already (I haven't checked). Is it Friday or Saturday night?

Later

Jorge...

Check you PM box for details on the spot...It goes down on Sat night.

-Alex

blackshoebox

Hey blackshoebox can you let me know where this spot is me and gabby would like show up thanks.

Hey if there is going to be racing this friday or saturday let me know i would also like to join in.

EVERYBODY NOW!!!!!

lets all show up out there on sat make the presence felt of the holt TR.....and if you live down south i would have to say that this is the first time i LOVE SUNNY MIAMI FL weather it has to be, to beautiful outside.....

i would love to see a showing somewhere of these cars, when i used to take the impala ss out to the tower shops we would show up every friday with a whole entire set-up of close to 25-35 cars each night.... are the people who own these g-body cars do they not like to chat with others and show off the car....everytime i would head out to the towers and the granners would be there my friend turbojorge would let me know but when i walk over to that corner there would only be like 8-10 buicks whats the deal....
whats up with turbo regal community do you guys not like to associate with others....
all i know is that i am new to thew TR scene and would hopefully like to meet new friends eventually and talk and share info regarding these BADA$$ CARS that we all drive.....

so take it easy guys and i would like to meet you all at the spot if possible....

later buds.....:D

I think I'll show up Saturday night.

Man, it is 56* here in Talli! Wow! I wish I had my car up here. It should be getting cooler this weekend in So. Fl. Maybe upper 60's on friday night.

I'll see about showing up this Saturday night.

Hey Jorge,

Where are you going to run? I go to Holt, FL every now and then, but I haven't seen any other TRs there.

Just wondering,

James

Originally posted by bishir
Where are you going to run?

No, it's not up north, it's down here in Miami when I come down on the weekends.
I wish I had my car up North for this past week. It was 47* on Thursday night in Talli. :mad:

Holt is only an 1/8th right? Thats prolly why you don't see any TR's out their.
:(

Later.

blackshoebox, rebal T & gndriver will you guys be out at the spot latter tonight and around what time will you guys be out there.....

i know me and jorge will be out there but what about you guys....
beaut-iful night i tell you....:D

Back