You can type here any text you want

Super-16

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Mike, Q-16 isn't heads up just in case you missed it in the rules. :biggrin: :biggrin:

Oh, ok......i never paid attention to quick 16 being a bracket race if that's what your implying???
I don't recall anything being said about Q-16, all i know is that it was stated that Dragsters are welcome to bracket race or exhibition race......

Thanks for sharing the pics Turbodragster!

Mike, i don't understand why your making a continuous fuss about the dragsters when you have no intention on racing as your car is apart like you said in another post.
What sence does it make to have a lightweight dragster racing headsup against a doorslammer anyways?
It has already been said that dragsters are welcome to exhibition/bracket race so what's the problem?

In NHRA and IHRA i see top fuel against top fuel/ pro stock vrs prostock/ funny car vrs funny car,.......i don't see top fuel headsup against prostock etc etc.....get my point?

Or maybe i have seen the wrong NHRA/IHRA events?:rolleyes:

Ted, my post was in regards to the countless posts by Blownv6 all over the buick boards and not in this thread alone.
Thanks.:)

Cheeseburger, First of all this is the only board that I have posted on!!
The Pro classes you refer to are just that , Pro classes with set rules which make every car/vehicle basically exactly the same. Same weight , cubes, trans, wheelbase etc. Quick 16 is a supposed to be a run what ya brung sportsman style bracket race with the handicap tree being the equalizer to any advantages of weight , cubic inches or body style. This is played out at every track every week in bracket racing events. Dragsters , altereds , door cars etc all running together and handicapped by the tree!!! The fact of the matter is that usally the fastest cars are at a disadvantage because the faster the car the harder it is to be consistant.

Bottom line is most poeple want to see these cars race!!! There are few
whinners that are preventing it from happening!!!

Most of you are misinformed as to any great advantage a dragster has in going fast. A top fuel car and a funnycar have exactly the same engine. According to my NHRA rulebook The dragsters weigh 2250# and the funnycars weigh 2555#. Dragster run 4.50s @ 330 and the funnycars run 4.70s @ 330 , not that big a difference considering a 300# weight advantage!!! WHY?? Aerodynamics!!! A dragster has terrible aerodynamics.

If I was allowed to race at BG in quick 16 or the king of the hill my car would have been ready!!! Since Im not welcome to race, why bother!! Mike:cool:

Back