You can type here any text you want

SUPERcharging

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

eastwoodad

i was just wondering if anyone here has experience/knowledge of supercharging the carbureted buick v6?? i know of most all the setups that are offered...

the BDS roots style blower (very very hot!!! :) )

http://www.blowerdriveservice.com/categorynarrow.php?category_id=3476&company_id=101011

there is also a centrifugal paxton style...though to my knowledge there is not a buick specific kit for that....the carb'd blow-thru style

supercharging seems like a great thing to do on the carb'd v6's because there are tons of aftermarket engine parts from the turbo guys (cranks, rods, low comp. forged pistons)

any ideas????

Maybe not what you are looking for, but a blow thru turbo would be cheap and easy. Just use the exhaust, turbo, and IC off an 86/87 and then push thru the carb.

A cetrifugal supercharger isn't a bad idea either. Take out the mechanical fan and that long shroud and there's plenty of room to do all kinds of things.

yeah...i have considered the blow thru carb. though it has rarely been done i still want something even more different. the old school roots style supercharger would be awesome...i was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions/experience with the roots style or centrifugal style. i mean how cool would it be to have a blower hanging out of the hood on a buick v6......would look great on my chevette.... :biggrin:

Back