Supra TT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Fiat124 1756
Where did all the love go? Where?

As for the love Chris, i believe it flew out the window when you posted your ever so kind and gentle statements such as:

""""In short, Go F*** yourself.""""

""""No matter what you do, no matter how fast it runs, you're still driving a Buick.""""""

You know how touchy these people are about these cars, and their hobbies and "personal preferences" as you put it. Your the rabbitin a large pack of wolves, you mess with them, they eat you. Thats how it is on a board with 7K members who all share the same opinions. All the magazines will tell you, Buick people are the tightest knit bunch of car enthusiasts out there, bar none. Im actually amazed at how they have taken your posts. Go look at some of those kill/fish stories some more, and look at some of the responses to people like 87 octane. thats more of what i expected.

Where did the love go? Ask yourself that question . . .

Shut up Jacob! :D just kidding.

But that brings up another good point. Why the hell do some of you people think that everyone should be converted to "the Dark Side"? It seems to me that some people think that Turbo Buicks are the only way to go, and that other cars (many built for different purposes that the Turbo Buicks) are inferior because they can't keep up in a strait line. Well, just so you know, lots of people choose their cars for different reasons than you choose yours. I deffinitly didn't choose my car for drag racing. Hell, lot's of people (yes, enthusiasts) don't even choose their cars for performance at all. Before I bought my Fiat, I considered buying Opel GT (not fast, doesn't handle well),
Triumph TR6 (not fast, weak bottom-end, doesn't handle well stock), BMW 2002 (not fast, handles ok), Triumph TR7 (see TR6), Triumph GT6 (can't handle for anything stock, even modified it doesn't handle real well.). There were others, but this post is getting longer.

Oh, and my dad, a real enthusiast, loves his Volvo 850, even though my mom beat him in the Windstar.

Anyway, my point is, not everyone want's or needs to be converted to "the Dark Side". Because, for one thing, not everyone enjoys that kind of thing.

Oh, yea, and I guarantee that a stock Supra Turbo could beat any car on this board on a Road Course. No offense intended, just trying to illustrate that people choose cars for different reasons.

(P.S. I really started thinking about posting this after that post about some guy educating his neighboor with a 79' Bimmer. To each his own.)

Oh, yea, and I guarantee that a stock Supra Turbo could beat any car on this board on a Road Course. No offense intended, just trying to illustrate that people choose cars for different reasons.
Yeeeeouch, open mouth insert.....

Wrong again. This board isn't exclusively a Turbo Regal board. Re-read the title. I'd gladly run a Supra on a road course with my Buick powered Turbo Trans Am. This is the only production Trans Am Pontiac produced with a baffled gas tank. Why you ask??...ummm...road racing. :D :D :D :D

Here's some interesting quotes from the TTA website:

"Each 20th Anniversary Trans Am is equipped with a special heavy-duty brake system. It also has a specially designed fuel tank derived from IMSA (International Motor Sports Association) Showroom Stock Competition. Inside the fuel tank is a baffle surrounding the fuel pump that keeps a steady supply of fuel to the pump during sharp turns."

"The Turbo TA came with the rare 1LE racing brake package, which upgrades the front discs to 12 inch police rotors, Corvette twin piston aluminum calipers and semi-metallic pads. These brakes are virtually fade proof, and were installed to legalize the 1LE package for Firehawk endurance racing. The rear discs were also increased to 12 inches in 1989 and use Corvette single piston calipers. All of the brakes on the car are of a quick change design, and pads can actually be changed in 30 seconds."

Anyway, my point is, not everyone want's or needs to be converted to "the Dark Side". Because, for one thing, not everyone enjoys that kind of thing.

Some people on here do want you to go to the darkside. I like the dark side, for what it is, not for the area's in which is inferior to the supra. Its merely opinion, though, as to what car you would rather have, Darkside or not. Thats why there are different clubs/groups, and even choices when purchasing a vehicle. Choose what best suits you, and RESPECT what others choose and the things they enjoy. Do this and everyone will be happy.

No point in arguing the fact that a supra can beat a GN on a road course. Im positive that the supra would win, but that wasnt the question. The original post was about dragin against a supra, which the GN will most likely win. Its annoying to me and others, when a guy loses a race, and then comes over and tries to state that he can win in another aspect of racing, road course, braking, whatever. If he can, great, go race, but dont use it as a cover for one area in which you were beat.

Your spyder will beat most GNs on this board in the handling and braking departments, but the GN will win in the straight line acceleration department.

Apples to Oranges . . . .

Hehe, you sayin the pontiac cant hang with the supra??? hehe.

iPost your challenge on the lounge, or the General Turbo Tech, in big letters, attracting lots of attention. Kill stories is not the place to challenge or ask questions. Lets get some challengers!

Yea, re-read the title.
:D :D :D :D

I shoulda' put Buick though
I imagine that's the closest we'll see to a retraction of the quoted statement below:

Oh, yea, and I guarantee that a stock Supra Turbo could beat any car on this board on a Road Course.

Ok fellas this one has gone about as far as it can go. Seeing how a thread has been posted in the Lounge along the same topic discussed here, lets take it there. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.