Supra TT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyle F

Addicted to Boost
What is the 1/4 mile time on a supra TT that is stock? There is a guy my borther works with that has one with some mods. Nothin too important or he would have braged about it. Something tells me I am in for an eventual showdown with this car. I want to know what I am up against. What I need to have on my car before the encounter.
I think all I will have is the Fuel pump hot wired, cond filter, Ajustable fuel pressure regulator, 1/2 tank the highest octane I can find, and 18-22lbs of boost(well actually whatever I can get with out knock), and a good tune.

So, can I do it?

if he has stock turbos

if his car is stock, meaning turbos,injectors,intercooler,suspension etc etc, and he is a good driver, he will run low 13's to high 12's, those cars can hook for Sh** specially if he is gonna run on radials, you better have a good launch and run some 20 to 22psi and you will get him easy, there are some supras with 600hp to the rear wheels running mid 12's so just run over 20 pounds of boost and let it rip. good luck, let us know how it turns out.

One more thing, run him from a dead stop not from a role, get out of the hole with about 5psi and as i mention before, the key is to make your car hook so by the time he tries to catch up you will be at the finish line waiting for him :D

Stock Supra TT run in the mid-low 13. And like said before we all know that whats in common with a 400hp Supra and a 600hp one are both 12 sec timeslip :p

Joke apart, like said by wiked87gn race him fron a dead stop. Those things are pretty strong on races from a roll. Get some good sticky tires (Nitto or BFDR) and boost a good 5 psi and launch that thing. If he's on street tires he will never be able to keep up with you. ;)

Just get the basic mods
- upgrade fuel pump
- fuel pressure regulator
- ajustable wastegate
- good chip
- crank up the boost with good gas

most of the stock 1/4 mile times for supras stock i see are 13.5-13.8. wiked87gn is right, they cant hook up well. i saw one once w/~835 RWHP that ran mid 11's @ 135 mph on street tires. 835 HP GN is in the 9s. i might suggest getting an alky kit so you can run him anytime on the street and not have to get racegas in it to beat him.

some numbers

- my friend Peter Humblias' Supra MKIV, from his sig:

94 RSP T76BB Built Motor/ Tranny Supra
507 RWHP on PUMP gas (16psi)
675 RWHP on low boost (26psi) and race gas
11.3 at 130 mph w/NO launch, 3800 #'s, 2.265 60ft, and unlocked TC

- Whenever you race a Supra, good luck lol

you dont need luck.

you just need a good launch, i myself have slaughtered many TT supras,and there is no need to be afraid at all, unless they got a built motor and bigger turbos, there is really nothing they can do but watch your tailights all the way down the 1/4 mile.. :)

I watched a supra with a single T-78 turbo (I had just spoken to the owner) fishtail through a parking lot and hit a shopping cart. *d'oh* Hurt a very beautiful car. This guy had a 897rwhp dyno sheet and actually got into the 10s. once.

very funny, we all make mistakes.

btw if your such a supra lover what are you doing here on a TR board, i can tell you this, if the TT supra is above stock with injectors and a stage above stock turbo, i will run him from a dead stop and win everytime.. :) and that my friend is a fact.

i "love" a lot of cars, i own a turbo buick. its not my first choice, but i own it.

why am i on the board, don't know..i guess you could look at one or some of my other 350-ish posts/replies, etc.. other than that, i am begining to think the majority of turbo buick owners are PITA's

they b!!ch and moan about all kinds of crap, want everything NOW ...

as for the Supra people, I've gotten to know a lil bit about them and the GTR Skylines... in respect to Nissan, what domestic auto manufacturer sets up a think-tank team to spend 4.5 years developing a engine? Result: RB26DTT, look it up, its the most power-capable engine on the planet right now, bar-none.

oh, and when your car's performance market originates over seas, you pay big money for good parts and you sometimes have to wait months.. like 6-9+ months for the stuff.

Here in turbo buick land, people moan about a few months because they can't understand that when a CNC pipe bender breaks down it isn't usually a overnight fix.

back to performance,
What is respectable, I think Tony Gomez (sp?) full-weight, AC, full interior 8-second SG2 TT Grand National. That is impressive performance.

Also, Terry Pennington of Mishawaka, IN Camaro with the detuned ZL-1 running 11.48, 1.82 60' on Coker Goodyear Polyglas G70-14s, Konis shocks, no cage, no frame stiffeners, he's in the Factory Appearing Drags circuit.

I also think an import that has excellent physics, braking, handling and acceleration and aftermarket improvs, isn't anything to snuff at. Especially when they can push well over 1000rwhp out of the STOCK production engine block with bolt-ons.

Also, my car is NOT fast, its a daily driver and its not tuned to race.. its tuned to get me around reliably.. sans crashing into a ford ranger p/u and a lamp post.. but other than that, it goes good :D

The usually et time I see on a Supra is 13.4 secs.

In Sweden, we had a 10.41 Supra and a 10.68 Supra last season. The 10.41 Supra went to Norway for sale.... Guess thats Norways fastest Supra now then :)

We also has a GMC Syclon 4x4 that does 10.68... The fastest 4x4 syclone in the world according to the owner.

Daniel

Here in Tucson there are many impressive Supras, One just dynoed at 905rwhp yeah its a 10 sec car easly. You have to be careful with supras brecause usually they are owned by people with huge bank accounts and even bigger Turbos. Also the guys here are all exrtemely good tuners and vare good with any turbo car. Much respect to all fast cars especially one that looks that good. Also all the supra owners I have meet ave been really cool and are not oblivious to Turbo Buicks.

Side notes:
1. Owner of this supra is a Prison guard. Not too fat of a wallet, depending on what he spends it on.
2. Worlds Fastest Supra 9.0XX, on the cover of some import Magazine last month I saw on a Newstand.
I am sorry. If I was making 1000hp... I sure would hope to be turning in something better that a 9.

Run the TTA to almost empty. Then fill up with 1/4 a tank(usually $5) of sonoco 94 go to sherwin williams paints and pick up a gallon of Xylene throw in 1 capfull of marvel mystery oil or similar product(lubes the fuel system). That should give you enough octane tolerance to get 20 psi out of without knock. Either brake boost on the line or go from a roll with him(no more than 15-20 mph though) and you should be fine if he's stock.

Remember peak hp numbers arent everything.
What good is having 850 hp at 6000 when your making 400 every other part of the rpm band.

Give me tourqe or give me death!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Worlds Fastest Supra 9.0XX, on the cover of some import Magazine last month I saw on a Newstand.

I know the fastest "street tire" supra is the Titan Motorsports car and it ran 9.0XX.

That's on DOT tires.

Something tells me it wouldnt make much of a difference on drag tires. Those cars are limited by their suspension ans chassis design from what I understand. Its set up more for all around performance rather than drag.

Status
Not open for further replies.