You can type here any text you want

Surge

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

elcaminodave

I have a 1984 basically stock T-type that has a slight surge at slow speeds. It also has a slight surge when it gets hot and I apply the brake and it is in gear. The surge goes away when the vehicle is in park. At highway speeds or hard acceleration, the surge seems to go away. Any suggestions as to what my problem may be? I do not have a scan tool and can not give you any numbers. The check engine light is not coming on. Thanks.

Take your car....

to the local parts store,like advance auto or auto-zone, they have scanners there and will usually scan yur vehicle for free. the other way, you will be throwing money at it needlessly. There might even be a board member close to you that may have one and is willing to help you out.?

I have a 1984 basically stock T-type that has a slight surge at slow speeds. It also has a slight surge when it gets hot and I apply the brake and it is in gear. The surge goes away when the vehicle is in park. At highway speeds or hard acceleration, the surge seems to go away. Any suggestions as to what my problem may be? I do not have a scan tool and can not give you any numbers. The check engine light is not coming on. Thanks.

I believe you have a lean condition. Most likely a vacume leak. Check all hoses, and clean/replace your IAC valve. What mods do you have? A little more info on the car will help us help you. Brian

The car is basically stock. It does have a Kenne Bell cold air kit and a Turbo Tweak chip. No other mods.

Do what they said, if you can. Does sound like a vacuum leak. A weak EGR spring could be the cause. Cut a section out of an aluminum can and slip it in between the EGR valve and the intake. This will disable the valve and temporarily stop a possible vacuum leak/test the EGR valve spring.

Back