You can type here any text you want

surging problem

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

on 3

i have a 1984 Ttype when you keep it in third gear or under a load you can feel a surge i have replaced fuel pump,coil pack,wires,plugs,had it hooked to a scanner everthing looked ok also has a different air mass on it so i thought maybe the injectors my friend had set of 91 cad injectors that i tried car ran but didnt want to start after you drove it but rhe surging was still there pulled injectors back out any ideas on the surging and can the 91 cad injectors out of a small v8 can be used

Don't swap with unknown injectors. Are they high or low impedance? <--- very important.

If you have a scan tool that shows transmission requests (such as what gear you are in) look to see if the torque converter lock up is shown.

I have a feeling that what you are feeling is the lock up.....which is normal.

So if you were looing at the scantool and driving from a stop the TCC would show to be unlocked. Once you get to 35-45 in third it should lock up and be reflected on the scantool.

Is this your first TR?

You sure threw a lot of parts at it before asking any questions.

yes its probably your lockup switch licking in and out. on the injectors you cant swap them unless you have the chip calibrated to them

Back