You can type here any text you want

suspension code questions

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

usetaboost

SAY CAR RAMROD!!
First off, what is the FE3 code? I don't see it listed on gnttype.org
Buick Turbo Regal Option Codes (Regular Production Options - RPO)
I'm guessing it's a "tuned" suspension package??? WHen I pulled all the springs out had them sitting in the corner placed so I wouldn't mix them up. Well I never got around to labeling them and they got knocked over and now they are mixed up. I found one spring on the front that still has a sticker on it. "DYX" is what it looks like. Can anyone shed some light on this? I know it's dumb to use 20 yr old springs but they are in good shape and I measured the frame height when the car was together and they sat almost exactly the same

Jesse, for the cost of new Moog springs I would just get new ones and save yourself the hassle of changing them later. Go with 5658 front and 5413 rear if you want to sit and ride nicely!

Don't what your codes are but your fronts take more weight so they will be beefier springs. No left/right difference.

Are these stock ride height springs? I really don't wanna lower the car. If I wanna go crank corners I'll take the t/a for a hot lap! Not really trying to cheap out on anything, just don't wanna get replacements and not like the way it sits

They will lower the car, might just want to get stock MOOG replacements.

I dont have them on hand cause I never use the stock type suspension parts but if you go to Orielly's, they carry Moog and can look it up for you.

A'ight cap'n! How high does your car sit with the drop springs? ALso read on another thread about A arm bolts or something. Can you get me the link where you got them from? I need new bolts for front and rear arms. Found a place in town to put rear end bushings in for 30 bucks:biggrin:

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/br...ls/244936-moog-5658-front-spring-results.html

The 5658 fronts and 5413 rears are a killer set up dude! I have them on my NA Regal now. It was the first upgrade I did for the car. The fronts are not too low with just the springs nor are the rears but the give the car a perfect ride/performance quality. Best upgrade out there! If you wanted to eventually go lower in the front, the fronts work very well with spindle/ball joint upgrades. Read through the entire thread and soak in the info.

The bolts you are referring to will not be a problem for you. Just make sure you get the correct MOOG A arm bushings. Some companies sell the ones for S-10 to GBody guys which is not correct due to bolt OD's. You wont have that problem with the MOOG bushings.

A-arm bolts are still available from GM. I have some you could have if ya want 'em. I put all new ones in the GN so I don't need them. FWIW ---Keith

So, if I get moog A-arm bushings I can use the stock bolts that taper down to 11mm or do I still wanna get the straight 12mm? I'm going with moog parts up front and urethane bushings for upper and lower rear.

Couple ?s

Can I get bump stops and the rubber spring pads aftermarket?

What color are the suspension parts and rear end supposed to be? I was thinking satin black, idk???

Dude, save the money and get MOOG Problem Solver bushings. those poly bushings are just for the control arms. They will bind up on you and you have to use POLLY specific grease and grease frequently. With the MOOGs, you can use normal grease and dont have to regrease them very often. They are black. Then just use your stock arm bolts. Moog also sells replacement bump stops and spring bushings too.

So I wanna use moog bushings in the rear end and leave the urethane bushings in the rear arms???

I wouldnt use the polly bushings anywhere except as body bushings. Did you already buy polly bushings?

Ok, I know you were looking for a set for the uppers, just buy MOOGs. I would go ahead and use the polly bushings if you already have them. Just be sure to go to the parts store and buy some polly grease for them. You'll be ok!

You always tell me what I wanna hear-something cheap;) I'll have to call on those problem solvers tomorrow. Hopefully I can get my rear end (:biggrin: ) to dakota muscle tomorrow. Gotta get new bolts and nuts too! Better get a list goin for tomorrow.

Back