suspension mods for <1.40 60 ft.

what axel size? 28, 30

Sorry for intruding but i'm going that rout with the axels and just want to know what size would people suggest?te64 cas front mount 75 # injectors3200 percision 5 disk lock up torque(9.5)terry h 3 inch dp swtock rear end heads and intake and cam ?
thanks

Stock replacement Moser's should be fine. Bigger is better, but you will need to get a new posi if you go bigger.

I think the Visa goes faster than the bank acct or the car :)

PAUL-

in your post you said that your selling moser rearend parts-

i made a post here->

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=50632

and am in need of advice of what rearend parts to get for my 87 turbo regal-

its going to be more of a strip car, but will definitely be driven on the street, im thinking SPOOL with 30 spline c-clip eliminator axles- i dont care if the car wont parallel park, i will deal with that later- PLUS, i dont know how to rebuild the clutches, that is another reason why im thinking of putting in a spool, or a mini?

if you were in my shoes, what goodies would you install inside the rearend?

i want a trouble free rearend that doesnt leak, or have to be rebuilt again...
you seem to have lots of knowledge in this area, what do you suggest? also what rear springs should i get?

ive already got the single wolfe swaybar, and "hopeing" that the car runs god aweful fast!!!

realistically the car should run low 10's with ease-

wolfe uppers and lowers, with sperical heim joints, after reading this post, NO SNUBBER, and i was told your not supposed to use air bags with the wolfe bar-

thank you and looking forward to purchasing some rear end parts soon-

Quick6'n'-K.C. - Your rearend choice should depend on how much your car is going to weigh & how hard you plan to race it. You mentioned light weight, what are you expecting it to weigh? WHere are you taking the weight off? Also, do you plan on repetitive wheels in the air hard launches (no fear)? The lighter the car, the less beefy the rear needs to be, but the harder the launch, the more it need to be. Your average TR weighing in at 3500# and hitting 1.45 60 ft 's is about the limits of the 10 bolt for longitivity. If you want 1.40's, you better be closer to 3000# to make a 10 bolt last. You may be better off selling your 10 bolt & upgrading. You can bolt a 12 bolt GM unit in there, but it takes some weird upper control arm setup. Not too many choices there either. Moser makes drop in housings for the G-bodies, in both 12 bolt & 9" Ford. They bolt right up using the std G-body control arms. The Moser 12 bolt would be my recommendation for you. It won't "rob" as much power as a 9" would, and it's plenty strong enough for what you are doing, and a lot more than a 10 bolt (8.5"). You can also get the ends on it for no c-clips, much better than doing the kit to a 10 bolt. As for spools, I would stay away from them if you are doing any kind of street driving at all. It will put the car in a real bad bind fairly easily & possible break something. At the least, it will be a major pain in the rear, much more than worrying about parallel parking. If you put a new aftermarket posi in there, it should be trouble free for quite a while. You will be much happier this way. As for axles, get as many splines as possible for your setup. If you are getting a new posi, go for the most splines for your rearend. Stock posi's usually take less splines than aftermarket posi's. You can turn your 10 bolt into a killer setup, but after you spend all the money & what it was worth when you started, it is usually better to start fresh & do it the way you need it. E-mail me some more paticulars on your car & how you intend to race it so I can better advise you. Also, money is often the deciding factor as well. The easier & the stronger it is, the more it costs. Let me know if there is a budget you are looking at. This may eliminate several options real quick. We will try to get you the most for your buck, just need to know what area to be in.

This is one great thread!

Lots of sound advice being shared here...& very much appreciated!!

:)