You can type here any text you want

Suspension Mods

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

AKTURBOTA

I just made the plunge to beef up my suspension on my 89 Turbo TA. I purchased the following:

Global West Subframe Connectors
Spohn Adjustable Torque Arm with Driveshaft Loop
Spohn Lower Control Arms
Spohn Adjustable Panhard Bar

I presently have turned a best quartermile of 11.79 @ 114.7 with a 60' of 1.614 on drag radials. Hopefully the above will make a difference at the drag strip.

I guess by providing better bite to the rear tires, I will find out how strong or weak the 9bolt Aussie differential really is! I had to replace the posi carrier 4 years ago, since there are no rebuild kits available. It cost me $795 for the part at a discounted price in 1998...rather expensive.

Mark
Eagle River, AK

Good luck on the upgrades. I am going to redo my front end this fall as well as box a spare set of lower control arms. I also have a spare panhard bar I plan on beefing up a little. Kind of the el-cheepo route but it will work for me considering how I use my car.

On the SFC, what down pipe do you have? Stocker or perhaps a TH? I understand the GW SFC will work with the THDP but I also hear you have some close quarters to make the welds. I am kind of looking for some first hand knowledge as well as a memory jogger!!

Brent

GW SFC.. they say they do..TTA1387 had to have his THDP modded. I have SSM SFC and also had to get my THDP modded.

Tip on the 9 bolt.. EBAY :)

I picked up a POSI for less than a hundred, and a complete rear for 275.00

I thought there was a set of SFC out there that went in without cutting on the DP.

Brent

I have a Action Fab 3" downpipe and had to have 1 inch cut from the pipe and the exhuast slightly repositioned to clear the SBC's.

The torque arm and the other parts were installed yesterday and while the car handles great, I have noticed an increase in vibration felt through the drivers seat. I called Spohn and they offered the suggestion that if there was positive pinion angle, then that could create vibration.

The Action Fab downpipe eliminated the flex pipe that the stock dowpipe had and has a little more vibration than the stocker, but after the install of the torque arm it has become more obnoxious. I am trying to determine if I can do anything to eliminate/reduce the vibration, or is it the nature of the beast since the Spohn torque arm is much more postively mounted in the car than the stocker. I had the installer use a rubber transmission mount instead of a poly.

Any suggestions?

Yep, I have the GW SFC. You can put the SFC and THDP on but the down pipe touches just enough that it vibrates pretty good. Cut about an inch off and not a problem.

I don't know why TH makes the huge bend when it doesn't have to go out that far :rolleyes:

Back