You can type here any text you want

switch pitch 400

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

pwhite

My 2004r shot the gap and i am thinking of going with a turbo 400 and was wondering if anyone has tried a switch pitch tc turbo 400. would this be as solid as say a turbo 400 with a trans break? what gears are perfered for a car set up like mine? I have done a search on switch pitch 400s and it gave little info. thanks in advance

Contact or search for Fast Eddie on this board. He has one behind his TR and will give positive feedback for it. I have one on my GS.

after your search,contact us.we have vp conversion kits and use them in conjunction with a trans brake for some interesing combinations .we also have 10 inch vp convertors.in a turbo car you can leave at 3000 plus in the high stall mode and then drop to low stall at the top of second gear to run big mph through the increased coupling efficiency of the more efficient hydraulic coupling.torque convertor selection is very difficult for a turbo car because high stall is needed to get the turbo spooling so you can leave within the beginnings of the power curve but this kills high speed coupling on the big end.the vp is certainly a wise choice when used in conjunction with a transmission builder who understands its concept.see url below

Chris what would I be looking at spending for a Turbo400 tranny? My wish list is:

- transbrake
- lock up feature for lower et & higher mph
-aggressive gearing for good 60 foots
-converter (3500-3200rpm) got a GTQ70 turbo

This is being powered by a 3.8L 109 block with all the goodies (650-700whp range). The car is still a street car if that makes a difference and makes about 4 trips to the track a year if that. I am all about the et & mph. Would I need a different shifter for this or could I use the stock one? I am basically looking for a price on everything needed to install this tranny and drive away (me doing the work).

thanks for the info . what gears are recomended for a turbo regal . 2.75for first ? what adverse effects will a 400 with the wrong gears have. is trans gear selection that important . thanks chris will call ck soon.

Originally posted by ttypewhite
Chris what would I be looking at spending for a Turbo400 tranny? My wish list is:

- transbrake
- lock up feature for lower et & higher mph
-aggressive gearing for good 60 foots
-converter (3500-3200rpm) got a GTQ70 turbo

This is being powered by a 3.8L 109 block with all the goodies (650-700whp range). The car is still a street car if that makes a difference and makes about 4 trips to the track a year if that. I am all about the et & mph. Would I need a different shifter for this or could I use the stock one? I am basically looking for a price on everything needed to install this tranny and drive away (me doing the work).

Can anyone post any feedback to these questions? I'm also pondering the same things... the trans brake, gearing (internal & final drive), and converter stall.

This would also be for a mid-low 10 sec 109 block car. Very minimal street usage. Durability & reliability are key interests.

Thanks.

I have a PAE switch pitch for about a year now,see my sig for times. the only thing you need to do is find a quality vendor to help you out,give chris a call at CK Performance he will get you headed in the right direction. with a few more runs and a little more tuning high 11's should be no problem.also running stock rear end and stock T-400 gears.
Ed

Back