You can type here any text you want

Syclone AWD 8.8/ 160.5 Slow motion

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

mrsyclone

Back again, after the diesaster in Germany with wrong converter. I got a new converter a couple of days later. I put it up and tested it on the jackstands, and it felt like it was going low 7´s I made a decision to go to north Sweden on a test and tune. What can I say!? In Sweden we have midsummer sun, and it´s so beautiful. This picture is taken 12 in the midnight. But we have lots of moscitos.

IMG_5033.jpg

I like the place very much, and it was fun to meet old friends from the north side of Sweden.

Svensk idyll
Genuin Swedish
IMG_5037.jpg

Fixing an old car or something...
IMG_5035.jpg

The time is 6 in the morning.

IMG_5042.jpg

The track was prepped only 60 foot out. Concrete to 1,8 mile. Rest of the track was asphalt. Very good brakingdistance 4 mile long.
IMG_5039.jpg

Finally time to test. I was very nervous first out. Is it gonna break or not? Stall and let it go, yes it is working this time. I felt after 60 foot that I was loosing tracktion, but I never let it off.
IMG_5041.jpg

Enter the pitarea and got the timeslip. Happy when I saw the timeslip. Finally the Syclone delivers again! One thing is for sure, it´s not easy to get an AWD truck to go fast.

IMG_5043.jpg

Slip

60 fot 1.53
1/8 5.8/129Mph
1/4 8.8 /160.5Mph

Went back to see the film from the run and we decieded to soft the chassi a little bit. Made one more pass, scored 8.8 again! But the car was spinning much worse this time.

As usual here in Sweden it´s raining when it´s race. We had a rainstop for three hours.
IMG_5044.jpg

A fast pickup

IMG_5045.jpg

After rain there´s sunshine... or something

We adjust the boostcontroller to back down the power. But same problem, it went up in smoke again after 60 foot. What the hell... we decided to go home. I know for sure that when I´m gonne come to a really glued track it´s gonna go fast or I´m gonna break something.

We packed and went home with two 8´s
I´m so impressed that this V6 can deliver so much power! One thing is for sure you don´t need any NOS V8 or so to run fast.

IMG_5050.jpg

Film: i slow motion

YouTube - Syclone AWD 8.88 160.5 Slow motion

Thanks again!

Robert

Great jobb Robert! That is one fast car, hope i will see it on action meet whit more traction :) .Is this your fastest time?

Congratulation Robert! I assume 400M is close to 1320'. Looks like you may need to play with the XFI traction control a little. Good luck to both you and HEATSEEKER

Congratulation Robert! I assume 400M is close to 1320'. Looks like you may need to play with the XFI traction control a little. Good luck to both you and HEATSEEKER

We drive 1 / 4 mile NOT 400m!!!but time slip the print metrics =(

Best et 8.85 =)

Cool! Wasn't doubting you, just trying to figure out the timeslip :biggrin: I would love to see more pictures of your car hauler. That thing looks wild.

Congratulations, Robert. 8s! Very impressive, indeed.
Keep us posted on future developments.

I switched to dragradial and the car is much more stable now, so that`s why I don´t use the wing for now. But I will use it later on :)

i enjoy reading your posts and the pics you always include in them. congrats on having an amazing truck.

Back