You can type here any text you want

T/A Perf 9-bolt girdle cover

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Scott89TTA

Don't think they have had this very long but is anyone using the T/A Perf 9-bolt girdle cover and if so what is your opinion...worth the money ?

Also did you get the stud kit as well ?

Rear End Girdles

NEW TA 1802 Australian 9-bolt (Borg-Warner) rear for 3rd Gen Camaros/Firebirds. $159

Attachments

• rearend_htm_txt_TA%201802.JPG
    rearend_htm_txt_TA%201802.JPG
    10 KB · Views: 167
Its not the housing. It is the 7.5 ring that stretches and wears out. Buy a 9'' and be done with it. These third gen rears can handle the torque of a 305 or 350tpi , but not a buick 3.8 for sure. Same with the 2004r ( IMO) Turbo 400 will get way more abuse longer.

Its not the housing. It is the 7.5 ring that stretches and wears out. Buy a 9'' and be done with it. These third gen rears can handle the torque of a 305 or 350tpi , but not a buick 3.8 for sure. Same with the 2004r ( IMO) Turbo 400 will get way more abuse longer.

I agree completely. With the trans-brake especially your time is limited with the stock rearend.

I agree completely. With the trans-brake especially your time is limited with the stock rearend.

I don't know about the 9 bolt axle but the 10 bolt 7.5" axle that is in most of the 3rd gen F bodies the housing is the weakest part it flexes and change the contact patern of the ring and pinion to where they barely touch. I have the 7.5" in the back of my monza (it is the biggest axle available in a H body) and its handling 350 hp/ 380 ft.lbs. and pretty healty wheelies about 8" to a foot off the ground and it carries them for a little while, got to love short wheel bases. I used ARP bolts for the bearing caps, T/A diff. girdle, welded the axles tubes to the housing, and put replaced the crush sleeve with shims. haven't had a problem yet

The way I understand the diff girdle is it keeps constant pressure on the diff carrier caps helping to keep the ring and pinion gears seated by reducing the flex of the main caps...nothing to do with the housing for the most part :confused:

As for the trans and rear...my car is not a track car and may only see a couple of runs a year...have had it 3 years now and only been to the track once. Yeah I now have a trans brake but only because it was in the trans when I purchased it...not sure if I will keep it in or not, the trans is not yet installed. Oh and the trans was built for low 10's by Anderson Performance...same trans Bill uses in most all the cars he builds...I'm guessing it should be fine for my application ;)

My car only see's about 400-600 miles a year and that is just street crusing and local car shows. If I get more into the track and things break then yeah I'll probably go 9" or 12-bolt but for now just looking to improve what I have with the new power coming in the near future...see coming soon items in my sig. :cool:

If you have a brake..then use it!

With all the mods you want to do and already have, the car is going to make plenty of power to break the rear. Buying the girdle and not telling us how it performes because you took out the brake or took it easy on the first 60ft is plain waste of money to me. I think Julio,JD,Mike,all others including myself have proven the stock rear crap is just that...crap. Give it hell or keep it on the trailer;)

Those girdles are probably warm fuzzy feelings for slow third gen owners that will never make any real power anyway!:tongue:

Your probably right...the fact of the matter is I have no idea what to expect once I get all the new parts installed. I haven't experienced the kind of power I will have in a long time. I drove and road in some pretty fast cars back in the late 70's and early 80's (12-13 sec cars maybe) but since then other then my son's '92 Eagle Talon AWD Turbo that I put together (300 hp to the wheels "AWD" dyno @ 18# on a consevative tune) it's been a few 13-15 sec cars, and then your typical family sedans and mini vans. :redface: Now that I'm older and 2 of my 3 kids are in their 20's I can afford to have a little fun again instead of just working on their cars :cool:

Thanks for the info...I'm sure once I give the brake a try I will keep it :biggrin:

Back