T center caps

corymc

How about some center caps for t wheels? Like with the grey power 6 logo like the caps for the gn. Or something new, prices for some t centers are outta control.

How about some center caps for t wheels? Like with the grey power 6 logo like the caps for the gn. Or something new, prices for some t centers are outta control.

Amen to that!... I can't believe nobody makes a copy of these.. The Gn center's are cheap!.. what's the deal with asking $400 for plastic caps?:confused: :biggrin:

Is there away anyone can post a picture or link to said caps? I maybe able to make them but want to double check.

Thanks
Ray

Is there away anyone can post a picture or link to said caps? I maybe able to make them but want to double check.

Thanks
Ray

Here you go Ray..

Attachments

• 845gn867cap.jpg
    845gn867cap.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 636
It doesn't seem like a hard part to make although I'm not sure on the logo. I need to locate a part to get a better idea on how doable it is and what a part cost would be. So let me sleep on it and do some researching.

Ray

PS, I'm guessing no one like Kirban's is making these parts?

i was looking for some with the power six logo like the gnx replica wheels. i saw pics before and i saw them on a car but cant find any pics of the caps now. i have been looking on the site just cant find the pics now

Here you go Ray..

Hey thanks Westside.

corymc said:
i was looking for some with the power six logo like the gnx replica wheels. i saw pics before and i saw them on a car but cant find any pics of the caps now. i have been looking on the site just cant find the pics now

It's cool, Westside posted a picture.

So are these caps grey or black original?

Anyhow, the only real issue with making these caps is the logo. People are getting picky about their logos.

Also, how many people would be interrested in these clone caps?

Hey thanks Westside.

It's cool, Westside posted a picture.

So are these caps grey or black original?

Anyhow, the only real issue with making these caps is the logo. People are getting picky about their logos.

Also, how many people would be interrested in these clone caps?

Ray.. they are black.. I would be in for sure! Is the logo a copyright thing?

Warren

I just want some caps. I just found a pic of what i was talking about on Buickgn.com I would just like some caps that would work in the t wheel and put this logo on

Attachments

• 6cap.jpg
    6cap.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 666
Ray.. they are black.. I would be in for sure! Is the logo a copyright thing?

Warren

I figured they was black but wanted to double check. Anyhow, I'm sure that stuff is copyrighted but not 100% sure. It may not be a big issue seeing how others sell stuff with the logo. I could always throw the logos in free when someone buys some caps. That way I'm not making money off the logo ;) Anyhow, this isn't something I can do over night. I first need to land a center cap to make a mold with. It will take a few weeks after that to start producing the caps.

Ray

i believe i got the last 4 that gm made i got 2 from nebraska and 2 from pa and they were both from chevy dealers. maby eric fisher can find some more at other dealers that wont list that they have them??????

Is that metal inside the caps or plastic?

Sorry I've yet to see one up close.

The inside is just chrome plated plastic. I suppose that is to give the tabs some strength and flexibility. The tabs will break fairly easy if not careful.

Thanks

I may be able to use a plastic thats more flexable to help cut down on breakage. Just need to experiement with and see if it will work.

I can see someone making the caps without the logo, then gettting a decal for the centre. If you can reproduce all the other stickers for the TR, I am sure there are few out there that could duplicate the logo part in a good quality stick on.

I just want some caps. I just found a pic of what i was talking about on Buickgn.com I would just like some caps that would work in the t wheel and put this logo on

THAT CAP will work in the T rim..I have it on mine.....

I've located a T-type center cap and hopefully it will be here next week. Then I can sit down and get to work on this part. I'm hoping I can start producing parts in 2-4 weeks. I'm looking into the logo in the mean time. I really want these parts to be plug and play.