T center caps

Thats what I was hoping for myself. Somewhere between 100-130 bucks at the most for a whole set. The trans am caps you can get a set of 4 off ebay for 60 plus shipping but they have made a ton of them. Was hoping these could be make a little less. Glad they are there for the ones that want them now anyway. Daniel Ray

May I say something here:
If there were anymore at virtually any of the dealers, they would not be selling on E-scam for what they bring. I bought a set of 4 brand new in their boxes about 2 1/2 years ago for about $ 260 to my door, and I was happy to find them. I bought another set of 4 brand new in their boxes about 3 months ago for $ 300 to my door, and was very happy to find those at that price. I think that we as a group are very fortunate to have people like SVO Ray & Brian at GBodyParts.com get involved the way that they have. Comparing Trans Am caps that are still plentiful against '86-'87 Turbo-T caps is just not a fair race in my opinion. Whether you buy their (SVO Ray & Brian's) product or not, I believe that they deserve a big round of applause for even attempting such a project. If you want to run first class stuff, you have to pay first class dues.

I agree with you wells, and I don't think anybodys going to disagree with you. But there was never a ballpark price really thrown out there till now.(was there?) and I think a lot of us where expecting a price that would be comparable to what you can get a set of 4 gn caps for. Or at least that was kind of the impression I was getting from early on in the thread. But I'm not going to complain. I'll be buying a set of these for my 84 gn probably late summer. (oh yeah, don't forget about us 84/85 gn guys. same wheel ;) )It'll be nice to have a cap that has a better fit.

I agree with Wells on the issue of applauding innovation by members and vendors to keep our breed alive.

However, I think the price is a bit off from our (collective) expectations... I agree first class stuff is pricey but paying nearly the same price for a NON-OEM piece (no matter how well made) just doesn't seem reasonable.

I was ready to spend a few bucks to get a set for my T but after seeing the price I'll need to cone up with a better solution (read cheaper)-as I'm sure many of us will be doing.

Just my 2 cents.

I said I was glad they are there for those that want them! You also left out mark that did the inserts for them. My hats off to these guys for putting together a product that was wanted. The ta caps are repos as well and there are a ton of people that buy them out there. I am one of them since I have a 79 trans am also. Just seems like everything for these cars cost so much lol.First class parts cost first class dues may be true but that doesn't mean we wouldn't like to get it cheap either lol. Daniel Ray

Yes, I did entirely forget Mark hueffman and I apologize for that. I also did not mean my post as an attack against anybody. I apologize to any of you guys that may have taken it that way.

Yes, I did entirely forget Mark hueffman and I apologize for that. I also did not mean my post as an attack against anybody. I apologize to any of you guys that may have taken it that way.

I'll let ya side this time if I can barrow the Vette this weekend ;)

Hey thanks Brian and I completely agree. This set back has giving us time to play around with pigmenting (coloring) the ressin. So far it's more like a dark grey :eek:

left is the reproduction part and the right is an OEM part.

DSC00484.jpg

Nicely done, looks like you just about have it....Congrats Now get busy on figuring out how to remanufacture headlight bezels and wastegate solenoids:D

Again...Very nice

I'll let ya side this time if I can barrow the Vette this weekend ;)
---------------------------------
Um, the vette, sure, anytime.
The Turbo-t, sorry, that's a different story.
The vette is my daily driver so I can keep the turbo-t clean, nice, & reasonably low mileage. If you saw the 2 together, you would regret your choice.

---------------------------------
Um, the vette, sure, anytime.
The Turbo-t, sorry, that's a different story.
The vette is my daily driver so I can keep the turbo-t clean, nice, & reasonably low mileage. If you saw the 2 together, you would regret your choice.

Ya, but I thought I had better odds on the Vette than the TR ;)