You can type here any text you want

T&D Roller Rocker Adjuster Screw

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

twstdv6

I just wanted to know if the adjuster screw is suppose to be tightned down more, with a few threads showing out the bottom were the pushrod meets it? or the adjuster screw more backed out? or just where there is no screw showing, just inside the bottom of the rocker?

The reason I ask, is I know there is the oil galley in the Rocker, if to far backed out it will not oil, which is bad. I have 2 sets of pushrods that will work. But one set will have the adjuster screw backed out more, but will still get oil threw, the other will have a few threw threads coming out the bottom of the rocker and will oil also.

Just wanted to know if it's correct to have 1-3 threads coming out the bottom of the rocker? or do the threads need to be inside the rocker?

Ideally, the adjustment screw should be flush with the bottom of the rocker. One thread protruding or recessed is within tolerances, but will slightly affect pushrod geometry. Multiple threads protruding or recessed from the bottom of the rocker is not acceptable and is considered out of tolerance.

T & D told me that 1 to 2 threads out of the bottom was the ideal place for oiling and by measuring it all out this seems correct.

T & D told me that 1 to 2 threads out of the bottom was the ideal place for oiling and by measuring it all out this seems correct.

Okay! That's what I came up with also per measurment's. I just wanted to double check as I don't want to mess anything up. I will double check the threads tonight and make adjustment, Thanks For The replies...

Well if that doesn't P-SS me off when I called them on another matter with my rockers I asked the guy about the adjustment issue and that's exactally what he told me ( 1 to 2 threads showing out the bottom). I'm calling them back Monday and ask them what the H-LL is going on with thier tech guy???
Thanks for posting that Chris as I had never seen that before.

Chris, I just read that again and see it's TA's roller rockers. Are they the same as T&D ?? I know the screw has to be out on the bottom of Harland & Sharps to get them to oil right.??

On the Harland Sharp rockers, the top of the screw is flush with the top of the lock nut on mine and it measured perfect - centered the galley in the screw over the hole in the arm.

On the Harland Sharp rockers, the top of the screw is flush with the top of the lock nut on mine and it measured perfect - centered the galley in the screw over the hole in the arm.

So when you look down through the hole in the adjuster, you can see the hole in the pushrod lined up? If so, since the top of the pr is rotating, at what point in the rotation do you make this observation? Just trying to understand.

Thanks for all the info. Chris. I'm calling TA Monday morning. Just to explain real quick why I'm P-SSED . I had some of the spacer washers grinding up so I called T&D to find out what was going on and that's when I was told about the adjustment screw and where it should be. Mine WERE FLUSH with the bottom and after being told they should be 1 or 2 threads out the bottom I called Smith Bros. and had new 80thos. shorter push rods made and now I have about a thread and a half out the bottom. :mad: :mad: :mad:

PS. Looks like I'll be putting my old push rods back in.:mad:

After seeing what Chris posted I stand corrected as I read the same instructions that came with them & mine are pretty much flush. I did remember that a thread in-out was within spec & I wouldnt be that worried about it too much if thats where they end up.

Thanks for all the info. Chris. I'm calling TA Monday morning. Just to explain real quick why I'm P-SSED . I had some of the spacer washers grinding up so I called T&D to find out what was going on and that's when I was told about the adjustment screw and where it should be. Mine WERE FLUSH with the bottom and after being told they should be 1 or 2 threads out the bottom I called Smith Bros. and had new 80thos. shorter push rods made and now I have about a thread and a half out the bottom. :mad: :mad: :mad:

PS. Looks like I'll be putting my old push rods back in.:mad:

I use the guide of the position of the roller tip on the valve stem and check it at the open sequence. Push rod length is critical to prevent both guide wear and broken rockers or rocker shafts. Gene

I use the guide of the position of the roller tip on the valve stem and check it at the open sequence. Push rod length is critical to prevent both guide wear and broken rockers or rocker shafts. Gene

You have solid lifters?

I'm sure he doesn't have solid lifters but the pre-load adjustment does determine the adjuster screw position and this has to do the the proper push rod length, my main point. I invested in a push rod length measuring tool to double check the length, $14. My last cam was a hyd roller, 206/206, noisey cam. I also pumped up my lifters before installing the rockers. My .02$ only. Gene

So when you look down through the hole in the adjuster, you can see the hole in the pushrod lined up? If so, since the top of the pr is rotating, at what point in the rotation do you make this observation? Just trying to understand.

Trying to type this out is so much tougher then talking in person - not sure I understand what dimension you are referring to.

Not sure what you mean by "...look down through the hole in the adjuster, you can see the hole in the pushrod lined up..." Can't look thru anything once it is assembled, the adjusting nut does not have a hole that goes all the way thru the screw in a straight line so it is not possible to look thru it to see anything - just the bottom of the Allen socket. Also, the rotation of the PR is on the same axis as the oil passage in the adjusting nut so I am not understanding that part either.

The oil path from the PR to the adjusting screw will match up unless the geometry is way out of whack. With proper pre-load, the galley grove cut in the screw needs to match the path in the rocker arm - this occurs when the screw is flush with the top of the lock nut on the screw - it does leave about 2 threads exposed from the bottom side of the arm. There is of course some +/- room to work with.

Trying to type this out is so much tougher then talking in person - not sure I understand what dimension you are referring to.

Not sure what you mean by "...look down through the hole in the adjuster, you can see the hole in the pushrod lined up..." Can't look thru anything once it is assembled, the adjusting nut does not have a hole that goes all the way thru the screw in a straight line so it is not possible to look thru it to see anything - just the bottom of the Allen socket. Also, the rotation of the PR is on the same axis as the oil passage in the adjusting nut so I am not understanding that part either.

The oil path from the PR to the adjusting screw will match up unless the geometry is way out of whack. With proper pre-load, the galley grove cut in the screw needs to match the path in the rocker arm - this occurs when the screw is flush with the top of the lock nut on the screw - it does leave about 2 threads exposed from the bottom side of the arm. There is of course some +/- room to work with.

I understand. I think I misunderstood what you were saying earlier. Thanks

Back