T&D roller rocker arm ?

whitehot1

I have a set of these on GN1 heads and after looking at the roller on the rocker arms a couple of them on each head are not centered directly above the valve stems.

I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem and what you did to correct it or is it not a problem.

Thanks in advance :)

I just picked up a set myself this winter & noticed that 1 was a tiny bit out. TA sent me 2- 25 thou shims N/C. I had to take one down to about 12 thous to double one up & all is good. They are tough little buggers so I held it againt a wheel & did a 1/2 side at a time until they measured correct. Not a big deal but since I had all winter I figured why not. They said all the shims measure 25 thous & I noticed that also if you adjust the rocker side to side before you torque it down you can also make adjustments that way. If you have 5-10 thous side to side thats their target to shoot for.

Thanks, Just a six

Another question when you got that one rocker shimmed correctly did it change the pushrod to lifter alignment in any way?

No. It just slid it over the 12 thous to be perfectly centered. Probably not needed but like I said I had lots of time with all the snow. The shims had a number on them so I can check if you think its needed in your case? I wouldn't be overly worried about a few thou off.