You can type here any text you want

T-top interior light?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

RyanBorder

I've got an '87 GN with T-tops.
In the interior, running along the center support, I have a small fluorescent "dome" light.

Anybody know where I can get parts for it (the light)? Specifically, it seems to be missing a cover - so the bare bulb is exposed, along with wiring and other hardware that was obviously not meant to be exposed. How about a source for replacement bulbs? Are they available in different hues?

Was the function of this light the same as a normal dome light? Supposed to turn on when the doors open? Is there supposed to be a way to manually turn it on?

Does somebody have a picture of what it's supposed to look like with all the trim and hardware in place?

Thanks-
Ryan.

Searching on-line, I can find zero info on this light. I suppose it's possible that it's aftermarket, added by a previous owner at some point.

My 87 GN w/T-Tops did not come with a dome light, I'm gonna guess aftermarket......

Post some pics, the best thing I did was install a lighted rear view mirror just tapped into the dome light wiring....Mike

87t with t tops and no dome light . Only on the back panels by the back glass

Yep interested in seeing this. I have kicked this idea around for awhile.

I added in a rear-view mirror with lights in it as the T-Top cars did not have a dome light from the factory - curious as to what you have in your car.

Me three... No dome lights up top with a T-top car. It would be cool to have one there as these cars are dark inside at night but I like the idea of the rear view mirror with with lights.

Both T-Top cars below \/

I actually traded a stock maf to kirbans as an even trade, it's a three wire unit, I just haven't wired them up to come on by themselves yet without having the rest of the lights come on with the dash switch just a one wire hook up...Mike

Back