You can type here any text you want

T-type vs. Lightning vs. Z28

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

.38 special

all spooled up
Me and my race buddy in his LS1 Z28 where cuising around looking for races last night off 249 and 1960 (houston). I was behind him and a Lightning came up and was playing with him. They finally caught a red light on a 3 lane feeder road. I pulled up on the far right. The Camaro was in the middle, and the Lightning was on the left. I began staging. The truck couldn't hear me over the camaro(no exhaust), hell, I couldn't hear myself. The guy in the truck probably didn't even know what my car was. His face was priceless when the light turned green and I ripped the asphault from under them. i put about 4 cars on them before they even hooked. They couldn't catch me. The race was cut short though, got up to about 85-90, before I spotted a z28 state trooper waiting on us. Luckily, he must have been knapping or eating a doughnut, he didn't follow.

Originally posted by .38 special
87 T Type-dark charcoal metalic.
walbro pump, 50# injectors, 93 chip, cold air, adjustable fuel pressure regulator, gauges, airbag, hooker dp, no cat, flowmaster

coming soon: T-44, 3000 stall
How could you list your own car incorrectly in your signature? :confused:

38 sp,Good story.I have not owned my GN long but I am always amazed at the number of people that at least know a little something about that black thing.The wierd part is males and females seem to know some story of the bad black BUICK!! Hell even if I wanted to I could not buy a race round here.One look and ****........... run fer yer life......its that buick thats gonna kill us all..... Cool ain't it ?????

I don't know about anyone else, but it irks me when my car gets referred to as a Monte. I don't own a T but it would irk me just the same if I owned a Turbo Regal T and someone called it a T-Type and vice-versa.

Turbo-T = 1987
T-Type = 1985-86

Same car, yes and no. Same body and engine sure, options...totally different inside and out.

It's just me and my pickyness for accuracy....

You sound like my girlfriend TT/A 1233.

I know exactly what my car is. But the fact is I think Turbo T sounds like some gay superhero. Therfore I call my car a T-Type. I guess I'm just not as picky as you are. But I sure wish I had one of those fast FIREBIRDS that you own.

Just joking.

Just curious, but if it's not a T-Type, it's not a T-Type, even if that's what you call it. :confused:

Not trying to cause trouble, but it is what it is, and it's nothing to be ashamed of that's for sure.

Originally posted by .38 special
Luckily, he must have been knapping or eating a doughnut, he didn't follow.

ROTL napping or doughnuts ;)

Up here when it is cold out cops will sometimes think twice about stopping you & freezing their butts of standing out side to give a ticket..

Hey you could call the car a TR also.. No big deal what you call it..

Great story

Exactly. Do this too.... If you get stopped, don't make the officer stand out in the cold forever as you dig through all your junk to look for your license, insurance and registration. Have that **** ready to hand to them quickly. Make his stand at your window as short as possible, you'll win a few brownie points and avoid the license points. It's friggin cold out there! :mad:

.38 special,

You should join some of us other local Buick nuts at HRP or a cruise night some time soon. Are you on the Houston Buick Club email list?

Doug C.

I think he was knapping because the weather certainly wasn't the reason he didn't give chase. You've got to remember I'm down here in Texas (Deep South). I was wearing shorts and flip flops for the past two weeks. It was about 79 degrees that night. Its great we can race down here year round.

Doug C.,

I would love to join other buicks at HRP, and usually I do join with some of my friends with buicks. But it seems like the Houston Buick Club only meets way out at Sealy for the 1/8 mile. I do frequent the Houston Buick Club meetings, in fact I was at the one just last week at that Dixie Road Diner or whatever. I know the Conelys pretty well and they tell me when events are going on. I guess I am sort of an informal member of the club, but our chapter seems way to disorganized. Tell me how to be on the e-mail list though, I would like to be informed. Pm me with details and more about you and your car, because we have probably met before.

Send me your email address & I'll get an invite to you for the HBC's list. The CCB is definately NOT the only place we meet!

As for being disorganized.... Try setting up events for 50~100 people once a month, on top of working a job that has you travelling out of state a couple of weeks each month, pulls 14+ hour shifts on a regular basis AND then handle getting your wedding/reception/honeymoon planning & expenses dealt with while trying to get 2 houses ready to sell within a few months & get back to me.... :)

We're not a "chapter" of anything & I am pretty much the ONLY person who does anything about getting meetings organized (other than EJ's annual fete at the Ranch)!!! Next meet will be at CPP in mid January, February is planned at Century Transmission & look for a dyno day sometime in March.....

Doug C.

Back