You can type here any text you want

T won't start with Thrasher chip

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

1quick6

Shadetree Mechanic
I just got my Regal out of storage. It currently has an older (maybe 2000ish) Thrasher 93 chip in it with the anti-theft feature. I know I am performing the starting sequence correctly, but the car acts like I am not since it shuts down right away. It starts fine with any other chip, but I love the Thrasher. Does the chip have to see a certain amt of voltage for it to start? I put a brand new battery in the car hoping that would help, but still no go.

Thanks for any thoughts.

1quick6 said:
I just got my Regal out of storage. It currently has an older (maybe 2000ish) Thrasher 93 chip in it with the anti-theft feature. I know I am performing the starting sequence correctly, but the car acts like I am not since it shuts down right away. It starts fine with any other chip, but I love the Thrasher. Does the chip have to see a certain amt of voltage for it to start? I put a brand new battery in the car hoping that would help, but still no go.

Thanks for any thoughts.

I don't want to give the sequence away (not that it's not common knowledge among hard core thieves anyway) but if certain things are out of adjustment, the chip doesn't recognize the first and last steps in the sequence.

Jim

Weak battery will cause problems as well. If battery voltage drops below 10v
during start up, ecm looses the start sequence.

turbojimmy said:
I don't want to give the sequence away (not that it's not common knowledge among hard core thieves anyway) but if certain things are out of adjustment, the chip doesn't recognize the first and last steps in the sequence.

Jim

I see what you are saying. I'll have to check that with TurboLink to see if all of the sensors involved are working correctly as well as the voltage. Thanks, guys.

Back