You can type here any text you want

TA Aluminum Block Update???

• Thread starter Thread starter Quick231
  • Start date Start date

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Q

Quick231

Just wanted to know if anyone saw this block at the GS Nationals. If so how did it look. I have seen it on the TA Performance website, but did anyone see it in person. I haven't seen or heard any more update since that last update on The TA PERFORMANCE site. Has there been any more progress?

TA BLOCK

There was one sitting on a table a Jack Cottons booth at the nats , its a tough looking block , real beefy thick casting. It was an unmachined raw casting. I picked it up and it is a hole lot lighter than a stg II cast iron block and it looked to have a lot of potential, but who can say until they are run under the kind of conditions the Turbo Buick folks like to run them...HAAAARRD::eek: :D :D

Jeff

It looked pretty good..some nice points in my opinion were the cross ribs in the valley and the beefiness of the main cap bulkheads. Looking in the casting plug at the water jackets, head bolt bosses, etc. I was struck by how thick it seemed to be. The water jacket was perhaps a 1/2" gap around the cylinders and the head bolt bosses went halfway down the bores.

This stuff is obviously good for strength though I do wonder about how it will cool and thermal expansion at the deck. Luckily I'm an electrical and not a mechanical engineer so I don't have to have an expert opinion. :)

I have a few pics of the block,I took this year at the GS Nats.
Not sure of best way to post them ,somewhere???

Austin

Back