You can type here any text you want

TA header rubs steering shaft

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Here's a picture of my headers with a jeep steering shaft...it was so close to the header that I wrapped the rubber isolator with heat resistant cloth.......I eventually went with the GM steering shaft upgrade and tons of room now. Be sure to order the GM shaft with no rubber isolator on it.

Attachments

• steering shaft 008.jpg
    steering shaft 008.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 111
I have the mild steel TA headers and factory steering shaft and I have over an inch of clearance. I am using HR mounts on both sides

Bryan

I have the same as Bryan on a 40k GN and TA Aluminum heads, 1 year old plenty of clearance with the SS stock replacement headers.

WOW! Holy shit! That doesn't look right! Could it be the TA headers be out of tolerance? Maybe check with TA Performance or ask Nick Micale for his opinion on these.
Mine are now where near that close.
Change over to the GM steering shaft as mentioned earlier in this thread and I'm sure it will clear up your issues.

My issue is cleared up with the dent :mad:Again these are old cars and I didn't have it since new so I don't know if my frame is out of whack. Even if I were to get a free header, it doesn't matter, I had it Swain coated and installed so it's a wrap. My installer never had this issue.

I have ta headers and with stock or hr mounts plenty of clearance. I would contact Nick or ta

Last edited:
Back