You can type here any text you want

TA heads----When!!!!!!!!!

• Thread starter Thread starter AsphaltAnihil8r
  • Start date Start date

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
A

AsphaltAnihil8r

I tried the search but I needed more words than TA Heads,,,so I have started a new thread .

Please give me an update,,I want new heads and dont want the Crackers--:) :)

I heard the new batch of castings were sold and they are taking orders on the second.

You guys don't have to bash another companies product to ask a question about another product. Champion has done alot for our community. I just hope for TA's sake everything turns out perfect, because a few bad cases seems to get blown out of proportion and could ruin a companies reputation. JMHO.

Originally posted by GNSCOTT
You guys don't have to bash another companies product to ask a question about another product. Champion has done alot for our community. I just hope for TA's sake everything turns out perfect, because a few bad cases seems to get blown out of proportion and could ruin a companies reputation. JMHO.
Thanks for mentioning the company,I couldnt remember who had the heads that were prone to cracking..thanks for keeping us updated.

Not to hard to figure out when they are the ONLY company with aftermarket heads for our cars.

I agree Champion has done a lot for our community and I respect them for that, however, if somebody wants to try a new product that sounds good why shouldn't they inquire about it??

I've heard both good and bad from guys with Champion aluminum heads and as well as guys with the old M&A aluminum heads..........

Hell I spoke with Ricardo LaCosta and Lee Fredrick about the M&A heads and both of them swear they have never had any problems with them at all! Keep in mind these guys have been in the game of Turbo Buicks and Stage II motors probably longer than most anybody that posts on this board!!!! Then there's guys like Jack Cotton who use Champion aluminum heads and have run in deep in the 9's with them and made many passes without ever having a problem..... Yet again there are guys who are running in the 10's who have had problems with both the M&A aluminum heads as well as the Champion aluminums..... Nothing can really be said yet for the TA aluminum heads because there aren't any guys using them yet, but from the sounds of it TA Performance has made many improvements over the old M&A castings and they "should" perform very well without any problems....... Who knows until they are out and tested though?!
We shall see:) :cool:

I am curious about what you think of my comment?? I have Champion nothing on my car, never spoke to Tom in my life, just think its wrong to bash a man's business for a couple of sets of cracked heads on Stage 2 cars. From what i've seen, They have been the only game in town for many years and they have continuously updated the heads improving them. It doesn't only go for Champion, it goes for all honest vendors.

Scott, who bashed any company in this thread so far

Please give me an update,,I want new heads and dont want the Crackers

After the thread was here a couple of months ago, it was found that 2 maybe 3 people came foreward to say that they had cracked GN1 new casting 14 bolt heads. 2 days later there was a post in general tech where someone asked about GN1 heads for his stock block car and people pointed to the thread and said "get the irons, the alluminum ones crack". Like you mentioned about the M&A's, it was before my time, but what if there was nothing wrong with the heads, maybe only a few heads had problems, but rampant rumors and the introduction of GN1's put them out of business.....Something to think about.

After the thread was here a couple of months ago, it was found that 2 maybe 3 people came foreward to say that they had cracked GN1 new casting 14 bolt heads. 2 days later there was a post in general tech where someone asked about GN1 heads for his stock block car and people pointed to the thread and said "get the irons, the alluminum ones crack". Like you mentioned about the M&A's, it was before my time, but what if there was nothing wrong with the heads, maybe only a few heads had problems, but rampant rumors and the introduction of GN1's put them out of business.....Something to think about.

Very true and I see your point......

People shouldn't really listen to rumors IMO! They should ask people that have real world results using a product what they think of it and make their decision based on both opinion and fact.... For example I have seen several fast TRs using Champion aluminum heads without any problems as well as fast TRs using M&A heads...... My opinion is both can and have worked on fast TRs!

Personally I think competition is a good thing because it usually drives companies to improve things in order to stay in the game and in the end the consumer wins!

Ever wonder why you don't see too many Ford and Chevy guys bitching about aftermarket heads, blocks, etc.?? :) :D ;)

Agree 100%. That is why I was happy to see TA developing stuff. Now all we need are alluminum head pricing wars.:D

Agree 100%. That is why I was happy to see TA developing stuff. Now all we need are alluminum head pricing wars.:D

Yup the pricing wars would be a nice thing......

Or how about....

"Buy one set of TA heads and get the second one free!"

LOL!:D

Maybe they are not rampant rumors,I know of three set that have cracked.There is one other set up here on a stge engine that is doing well.He is not making big power yet though.He has run them 106 mph in the 1/8 mile with no 1/4 mile passes yet and has only run around 20 passes or so.We will see and I"lkeep you posted.Jim:cool:

Aftermarket head update

Guy's,

I wanted to see if I can shed some light on the current TA head project since I've been in close contact with both Mike from TA and Nick Micale as well. The first head is nearly finished. Keep in mind there is a huge amount of programming that goes into CNC machine work so it takes time.

I saw the #1 production head this past weekend (courtesy of Nick) and it is only missing the spark plug holes. Kenny Dutweiler wanted to relocate them so this slowed things up a bit. I believe new fixtures needed to be made etc. Once the head machining is done at TA the heads still need guides and seats and need to be assembled. I'm hoping were only a matter of weeks away.

On the Champion front, I've been in contact with Tom also since my weld repair attempt on my heads failed. Once we leak checked them pin holes were found. I returned my heads to Tom where he is going to disect them to inspect casting thickness etc. So far Champion has checked the metalurgy of my heads as well as others and that looks OK. Currently a revised casting is due out in approx 8 weeks.

That's about it

Neal

PLEASE KEEP US UPDATED NEAL

Originally posted by 750H.P.V6

On the Champion front, I've been in contact with Tom also since my weld repair attempt on my heads failed.

Once we leak checked them pin holes were found.

I returned my heads to Tom where he is going to disect them to inspect casting thickness etc.

So far Champion has checked the metalurgy of my heads as well as others and that looks OK.

Currently a revised casting is due out in approx 8 weeks.

l

Let us know how the new Champion casting coming by November works out.

Hopefully, your long ordeal will conclude soon, with a lasting resolution.

Not much to report

Guy's,

I can ad one small tidbit which is that TA has machined their first run of castings. The actual number of finished heads was less than anticipated due to some machining mishaps during setup etc. and some of the castings having porosity. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. If I get any more info I'll let you know.

Neal

Back