You can type here any text you want

TA low profile valve covers on GN1's?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Eticket

Hello,

On TA's website, they specifically say that their low profile valve covers won't fit Champion aluminum heads.

Anyone tried this or know exactly why? I can't think of a reason why unless it's because the rails are shorter on champions vs. stock or TA's and the rockers may hit?

Thanks in advance.
John

IMG_0353.JPG TA Aluminum heads have a raised rail for Roller rocker clearance without a spacer. They are perfection on the fit of the gaskets and their heads!
Here is a shot of my new motor just fired up last week!

Hey John ,

I have the low profile TA valve covers on my engine using champion Gn1 heads which were cast in 2012 (extra meat on the outer bolt hole area) They are the 14 bolt style with the T&D ( Jessel style ) 1.65 roller rockers. I have always used 2x cork gaskets glued together with the right stuff and nothing on the pan rail edge. They fit nicely and I have had zero leaks in the last 2 years. I do have to periodically check them as they do tend to loosen up after awhile and cranking them down will eventually cause leaks. In my opinion these are the best fitting valve covers you can buy.

I am running the TA valve covers on GN1 heads with no issues. Jack borrowed them for mock up on his car and now he uses them too.

Mike, you're probably using stock type rockers? D, did you check the fit without doubling up no the gaskets? I have similar heads with extra meat and t&d's jesel style.

Mine are not the shaft style, they are the individual studs and guides. They are close but everything clears.

Mike, you're probably using stock type rockers? D, did you check the fit without doubling up no the gaskets? I have similar heads with extra meat and t&d's jesel style.

Honestly I didn't check the fitment with 1x cork gasket. I have always used the 2x gaskets glued together with the right stuff. Not sure of the brand I used locally but they were pretty thin and I didn't like the "feel" of them cinched down. They compressed too much. There is no downside to using 2 of them. The gaskets will not leak unless you really crank them down.

D

I run GN1's with stud mounted rocker system with the TA covers. Fit fine with the stud mount rocker system.

I run GN1's with stud mounted rocker system with the TA covers. Fit fine with the stud mount rocker system.
agreed... Just run 2 cork gaskets on each side and everything will be fine, where the TA covers sit on the GN1 is much thinner than the TA heads, otherwise they will work with 2 gaskets each

The Fel-pro 1600 cork gasket is almost twice as thick as a standard VC cork gasket, and these may work for low profile valve covers, but I have not tried them on all the versions of the Champion head/rockers?

Back