You can type here any text you want

TA PERFORMANCE BLOCK?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

calais1965

I am really thinking to buy ta block. Is there lot of guys running these?
Does blocks need different parts?
Does these lot of machine work?

I bought 109 block with billet main caps while ago, but its not good.
I am tired to play with no good blocks.

Thanks!
JP

It's not ready to assemble so there's quite a bit of machine work that needs to be done.

If you want it done right the first time, have TA do the machine work and build the short block assembly for you.

I agree, Mike at TA has been building my stage II. He's GREAT to deal with. Highly recommend them.

Machine work is not problem, shipping is not very expensive. Custom fees are killing me...
I have all other parts for good motor, only deasent block is missing.

I allready have 14 bolt heads, je pistons, eagle rods, cat crank, roller cam kit, sfi blancer, + all other parts for making really good motor..

I would catch up with Nick Micale on this. He built my TA motor which is not in the car yet.

Does these lot of machine work?................................JP

Any new block, aftermarket or OEM, aluminum or iron NEEDS machine work.

Alum block do not necessarily need more machine work, but different methods, tolerances and tools.

Shops with no experience in alum blocks need to obtain the proper tools and follow EXACTLY the manufacturer's recommended procedures. :)

With a $4-8K block and a $50K engine build in some cases, the basic prep and block machining must be done correctly. :)

Machine work is not problem, shipping is not very expensive. Custom fees are killing me...
I have all other parts for good motor, only deasent block is missing.

I allready have 14 bolt heads, je pistons, eagle rods, cat crank, roller cam kit, sfi blancer, + all other parts for making really good motor..

You could always paint it cast iron gray, add some faux rust stains and declare it as $50 value for customs... ;)

Yep that works! But will they do that in ta-Performance? I would like to order one new Ta block witch looks like crap, please... oh and you can add value $50 for customs.:)

Nick will do it and he sells the blocks too. This is only advice but if it were me, I would send all the parts over here and have the motor built and dyno'd here in the states. That way you have a complete motor ready to drop in your car with a good tune in it. It would save you a lot of time and money. The machine work required for a TA block is not much different than a Stage block but in order to do it right its necessary to have all the parts in hand. Good luck and keep us posted.

I trust Finnish machine shops & engine builders. Everything will be done correctly here. Shipping parts to states is expensive and everything can be done here.
Tuning engine will be hardest part.

Calais, may I ask how you got all those Buick's in Finland??, thanks and good luck with the build.
and I'm sure you do have good machinist's there cause on a side note you guys build quailty firearms and that takes
good equiptment and quality personnel

Ron

I trust Finnish machine shops & engine builders. Everything will be done correctly here. Shipping parts to states is expensive and everything can be done here.
Tuning engine will be hardest part.
I would assume you will be running FAST XFI for this type of motor. Call Cal Hartline (Highpsi). Tuning the engine will definitely NOT be the hardest part.

I have bought all my buicks from states( first from ny, second form arizona and third from florida) accept one i found from Finland its was teared down and owner had lost his intrest.

If i buy TA block there will be lots of good new parts wich i cant use, thinking selling them here..

Back