tachometer and fuel pump prime leads.

1 wire each, located hanging near the rear of the alternator.... one has a green connector and one has a black connector... can't remember which is which... think the green is the tach lead.... the fp prime wire will plug into the connector that goes to the underhood light, which will lite off the fuel pump... make sure the 2 wires are not plugged together....

Yes, green connector is tach lead. Supplying 12v to black connector (pump prime lead) will fire up the pump.

with that being said.....where do i plug the tach wire to bcause my tach is not working....i connected the fuel pump hot wire by mistake before....need help

with that being said.....where do i plug the tach wire to bcause my tach is not working....i connected the fuel pump hot wire by mistake before....need help

some tachs are different from others but most should work from the green plug

Nowhere

with that being said.....where do i plug the tach wire to because my tach is not working....i connected the fuel pump hot wire by mistake before....need help

Both of those wires MUST not be connected to anything on a stock car. You can run an aftermarket tach feed with the green connector.

Are you talking the stock tach or an aftermarket tach? :confused:

you should be able to feed your aftermarket tach from the green plug--------it produces a square wave that is porportional to engine speed--------most tachs i have seen work just fine with this signal---------it should not have hurt your tach just because you connected it to the black plug-------it is the fuel pump prime and has 12 volts on it when the pump is running-------should not have hurt anything....................RC

thanks everyone i got it now....by the way its an after market tach in dash closter location