You can type here any text you want

Tail lamp fasteners

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Terry_H

Okay, I got a new r/s tail light and the old plastic wingnuts fell to pieces from heat and age when I tried to loosen them. Did searches here and Kirbans and found zero hits. Does GM still stock these or am I looking for something else to replace them. I may as well get 8 while I'm looking as I will eventually replace the other tail light too.

GM should still sell them as they were used on a large variety of cars. If not, you can still go to a junkyard, there should be plenty there...
Claude.:)

GM should still sell them as they were used on a large variety of cars. If not, you can still go to a junkyard, there should be plenty there...
Claude.:)

Thanks, Claude. Called a few dealers and they want $5 each. That's pretty steep for what they are. I'm tempted to take a couple blocks of plastic and just make my own in 5 minutes.

I ended up making my own nuts with 1" nylon hex stock that was laying around. Cut them in 1.5" pieces and drilled a hole through the middle. Simple but effective. Just couldn't give GM $5 ea. for 50 cent part.

Now I'm searching for drivers side tail light to match the almost new looking one the right. Tim (tford) sent me the excellent passenger side lamp for a good price.

Back