tasks over the new yrs weekend

84buickregal

okay this weekends tasks: I'm having some trouble with my power window switches. When i use a jumper box to power my window harness the windows & motors move, but when i go to the auto parts store, buy a brand new switch and try it out, the windows dont move. Any input?

I'm looking to install some mirriors on my car, i have a mix matched pair off another regal but they must be painted. I was considering swapping on some from mirrors off a third gen f body. anyone have any results with it?

Next i got a charcoal canister off another car awhile ago, its the one that has the same sensor as our cars. Right now my car has no emission stuff, but i was considering hooking the carcoal canister. Whats are the pros and cons of having it installed?

With the...

jumper box, did you completely by-pass both switches? If so, check the passenger side door switch. I think they're interconnected thru the harness.

2/there is a guy who has installed mirrors from a Vette w/good success. Great looking car w/two-tone paint. don't remember his "handle":confused:.

3/ can't help w/the charcoal canister, don't use one either.:cool:

-Converted brakes to vacuum using cotton vacuum block (sweet), :cool:and Advance Auto booster/mc unit-car stops on a dime and only cost me $200??
-Replaced t top headliner-did the recovering myself and it looks good..
-polished and painted 2 of my chrome GN wheels
-welded and patched small hole over driver side windshield frame
-replaced most vacuum lines
-got car back from painter, repaired damage to pass qtr panel. He still has my 4 Danko fillers, hopefully will get them back on Tuesday.

Still have new radiator to install, and don't like the sounds coming from my posi unit. Will be pulling the cover and maybe the unit to inspect/replace:frown:

Carl

Hey you jive turkey get rid of that facebook noise in your signature I dont want to look at your friends.

SHADOWII-no i used the jumper nox on both sides, seperatly & the both worked.

gmmuscle-good to hear someone was working besides me.

12lbChevelle-Its a group page for Gbody/turbo buick members, not noise Ack. I'm sorry you dont like my sig, truely i am. I'll change it at once, to appease you. Hold your breath while i do it :rolleyes:

okay this weekends tasks: I'm having some trouble with my power window switches. When i use a jumper box to power my window harness the windows & motors move, but when i go to the auto parts store, buy a brand new switch and try it out, the windows dont move. Any input?

I'm looking to install some mirriors on my car, i have a mix matched pair off another regal but they must be painted. I was considering swapping on some from mirrors off a third gen f body. anyone have any results with it?

Next i got a charcoal canister off another car awhile ago, its the one that has the same sensor as our cars. Right now my car has no emission stuff, but i was considering hooking the carcoal canister. Whats are the pros and cons of having it installed?

charcoal canister doesn't do much,no need for it

yeah i was gonna say im pretty sure c.canisters dont do a whole lot. what exactly do they do, someone told me they keep the exhaust fumes from coming back into the car with me.

Any ideas about the window switch?
rx6-not unlike (caddy/rx7 owner) there are all types of cars, cause alot of ppl like turbo buicks, not everyone is an owner. To see all the members you have to have facebook & join the group.