You can type here any text you want

Tbi Fuel Inj On 301 Turbo Pontiac??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Wildbill

I was having a crazy idea yesterday....I know that the 301turbo pontiac is supposedly one of the worst gm v-8's made. But what if a TBI was installed in place of the carb from a gm car/truck with an adjustable fpr or fmu and water injection??? I know that tuning would take a while, but I think the car would be able to make more boost, horsepower, not ping nearly as much as a carb...I see that the heads/intake are the biggest restriction, but chevy sy/tys have crappy heads too... HAS ANYONE THOUGHT OF THIS YET??? I have an 86 gn, and was thinking of swapping a gn engine into the 80-80tta because of ease of motor mounts, rear disk brakes, 15x8 rims, and I love the look. WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK????

This idea has come up before with the Buick Carb/Turbo.

I can't see TBI having any advantage over the carb. The carb hasn't been the limiting factor for me so far. Narrow dowpipe, turbo efficiency, and draw-thu limitations are the hurdles to overcome.

The advantages of SFI aren't all about the fuel injection. Intercoolers, turbo selection, dowpipes, MAT & MAF sensors, ease of burning chips and well proven "recipes" is why they succeed, IMO.

Back