You can type here any text you want

TDC question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Jan Larsson

If I rotate the crank so the mark on the balancer lines up with the zero degree mark is piston no 1 at TDC then? I just had a brain fart and need to confirm so I can adjust my pushrods tonight ....

Make sure you are on the compression stroke. I guess it goes without saying.... but if you are like me.... stupid stuff always seems to happen at the worse time.

If I rotate the crank so the mark on the balancer lines up with the zero degree mark is piston no 1 at TDC then? I just had a brain fart and need to confirm so I can adjust my pushrods tonight ....

Do you have adjustable rocker arms?

The easiest way i've found to adjust them if you do is;

make sure #1 piston is at TDC on the compression stroke,both valves closed on that cylinder and then follow this procedure

adjust these valves
exhaust 1-5-6
intake 1-2-3

then turn the crank over one revolution and adjust the following valves
exhaust 2-3-4
intake 4-5-6

quick and easy. :smile:

Make sure you are on the compression stroke. I guess it goes without saying.... but if you are like me.... stupid stuff always seems to happen at the worse time.
how did the new roller setup work from the junkyard parts did you get it running and some times. is it more responsive like a roller cam car snappy

BOTH valves must be closed on #1! Not on compression stroke your OUT! Put a kleenex in the plug hole & when it pops out thats compression stroke & TDC is reached for setting stuff like Cam Sensor.

Its best to use something that will allow a lil psi to build the kleenex may blow out on the exh stroke.
If someoneis helping you u could put a finger over the spk pl hole

Back