TE 44 Turbo

artrenee10

Older...wiser...and broker...
Got a TE 44 with 82 exhaust housing? First can I switch the exhaust housing from my stocker and run with the 44?If not with this exhaust housing whats the preferred t/c? I was gonna go with a 12in 3000stall with 50's and champ heads in the near future......
Thanks
steve chambers

i would say leave it aline but thats just my opinion. btw, in the latest GMHTP the guy from precision said a .82 housing on a te44 would need a true 2800 stall or more to maintain good spool characteristics. with the increased flow of the champ irons and the new t/c id say the .82 housing would work nicely.

Thanks TB

Thanks a lot TB, I don't know too much about the exhaust housings on the 44, but I know it will more than suit my needs (street car, occasionally a strip slip or two.):D
Thanks Again,
Steve Chambers

yes, and IF the lag is too much for you which i doubt it will be but if it is then you can just switch to the PTE .63 housing. i guarantee you wont have any spooling problems then. btw, you gonna put a cam in with the heads?

Thanks Again T-Buicks

thanks again for the help, yeah if I do go with a cam itll probably be the 204-214 or weber's 206.....haven't made up my mind yet on this one, but its a least a year away.....so im goin slo........
Thanks Again
Steve