te-45a or te-63

Lturbo6

I just recently bought and te-63 that's needs a rebuilt. Here's my question so I get it rebuild or go with an 45a. I want to trapped about 122+ throught the quarter. I currently got an te-44 but I want mid to high 10. Are the both large shaft turbo. Maybe I can sale them both and get the 45a.

I have heard nothing but good about the 45a..... it is an easy mid 10 sec turbo with complementing parts..... and I stress complementing parts......

I think the 63 is a great turbo, if you were to rebuild it you could easily see 122 in the 1/4. I personally have had a 63 and ran right under 130 in the quarter in a full weight car, mind you that my car has many other bolt ons besides the 63 and running upwards of 27 lbs of boost. Some people say that the 63 is an old school turbo, but it is a proven turbo. I have also seen some very good numbers out if the 45a but have never owned one. The choice is up to you the 45a should be able to get you into the low 10 second range whereas the 63 should get you some where in the mid 10 second range depending on your tune :eek: .

Reason I'm asking is because I got a couple of pesty lx 5.0 supercharge mustang and 03 cobra around work in need of an attitude adjustment. I'm upgrading the injectors to 65 motrons and my vig stall is already readyfor a bigger turbo. I forgot the camaro slp boys at work.

TE-45a --- "There is no substitute"

I went from a TE-44 to a TE-45a and every time I take the car out it still catches me off gaurd the first time I go WOT.. If your wanting a KILLER turbo with great street manners I would suggest the TE-45a. so far iv'e killed a zo6, saleen mustang, roush mustang, twin turbo 300zx, and alot more...and was very very close to beating a supra on drag radials..lost only due to tire spin.. ( ALL WINS WERE IN STREET TRIM )Reg. radial tires, 93-race gas mix 50/50, 21lbs boost... All iv'e got to say about the 45a is AWSOME!!!! If you choose the TE-45a let me know and i'll help you in any way I can... Mods are in my sig... Scot w.

Lturbo6 said:
I just recently bought and te-63 that's needs a rebuilt. Here's my question so I get it rebuild or go with an 45a. I want to trapped about 122+ throught the quarter. I currently got an te-44 but I want mid to high 10. Are the both large shaft turbo. Maybe I can sale them both and get the 45a.
According to you sig, you should be able to hit 122 with the te44. Turn up the boost and save a lot of money.