Te61 ???

FastRegalWE2

Wish I had another Buick!
Is this a good street turbo? What kind of supporting goodies would I need with it for a daily driver if it is a good turbo for the street?
TIA

You need a good 2800-3000 stall converter along with 50-57pph injectors.I just installed a set up just like this on my buds car along with a PTE front mount. I was very happy with the results.

Racetronix.com sells the 57's. I got my TE-61 installed the other day. I did not get a chance to tune it very well. I have the 57's. I ran it at 20 lbs on alky. A little lag with the D5 but not as bad as I have read on here. I think I am going to bite the bullet while Cotton is having a sale on converters. Probably go with 3200 stall.

The TE61 is amazeing on the street with a small houseing you will love it and you dont need alot of stall for it to work of course if you do get a higher stall it will just get better.:D Mine worked really good when i used a modified D5 converter.Recom 55s or the new 57zs as well.

cool that sounds awesome. I was looking at running the 57# inj. I have the hooker cat back, should be ok huh? I should get a TH 3" DP also? My racetronix fp kit and hotwire style stuff is on the way and so is my casper knock gauge and vdo boost gauge. I still need a scanmaster though
I forgot I bought an powerplate too

I was think about an EGT but I was gonna do and A/F meter instead. Think I should do all 3? Knock, gonna get the audible too, EGT, and A/F? This would be more than enough yes?

Originally posted by ws6formula50
cool that sounds awesome. I was looking at running the 57# inj. I have the hooker cat back, should be ok huh? I should get a TH 3" DP also? My racetronix fp kit and hotwire style stuff is on the way and so is my casper knock gauge and vdo boost gauge. I still need a scanmaster though
I forgot I bought an powerplate too

THDP would help a good bit and a Dutt neck for the intercooler.

I picked up 2/10's and 2.5 mph with one, swapped intercoolers at the track so there were no other changes except for 2 psi more fp.

All depends on your combo.

With a good combo? VERY low 11's or maybe high10's in race trim.

Here is what I have so far, I just started so its not much
FRESH Spring Cleaning
Hooker 2.5" Cat Back w/Areochambers
Walbro 340M w/Racetronix wire kit
RJC Power Plate
AccuFabb AFPR
VDO Boost gauge
Casper Knock Guage
TB Coolant By Pass
Pit Bull 112 Chip
Thrasher 93 Chip

Going to Get:
Ported Irons 8445's
Dutt Neck
TE61
57#"s
LS1 MAF
Big Mouth Cold Air
3" Pipes, MAF etc
THDP 3" or 2.5"
Re Worked 200R4
2900-3000 Stall
BFG DOT Slicks
Weld Draglites
Aluminum D-Shaft
Boxed Lowers
Pinion Snubber
Brace Kits x3
ATR 1" Sway Bar
Air Bag Kit
Oil Temp Volts Gauges
Scanmaster
Dial a Boost-maybe
Koni shocks

Wow that list is tooo long, better get to buying
Will this do 11's?????

I run a version of a 61, but it SUCKS with the stock converter. I would say that a 3000 would be minimal. I am putting in the 3500 that I got from Bruce. I am sure that it will get it going a lot better. Can not wait!

Originally posted by Taffy
I run a version of a 61, but it SUCKS with the stock converter. I would say that a 3000 would be minimal. I am putting in the 3500 that I got from Bruce. I am sure that it will get it going a lot better. Can not wait!

I would say 3200 minimal stall.

If your going to buy a non lock up then I say stay conservative on the stall. The only thing I don't like about my art carr 9" n/l 3200 stall (#16930) that I got from cotton was it seamed a tad loose on the big end of the track. I run a low rpm stock cam motor though. I think that any after market cam and slightly to moderately higher shift points would have made this an awesome street strip convertor.

Call Jack Cotton and give him a shot at your business. Hes a great guy to deal with.

HTH: Jason