You can type here any text you want

Te61 ???

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

FastRegalWE2

Wish I had another Buick!
Is this a good street turbo? What kind of supporting goodies would I need with it for a daily driver if it is a good turbo for the street?
TIA

You need a good 2800-3000 stall converter along with 50-57pph injectors.I just installed a set up just like this on my buds car along with a PTE front mount. I was very happy with the results.

Racetronix.com sells the 57's. I got my TE-61 installed the other day. I did not get a chance to tune it very well. I have the 57's. I ran it at 20 lbs on alky. A little lag with the D5 but not as bad as I have read on here. I think I am going to bite the bullet while Cotton is having a sale on converters. Probably go with 3200 stall.

The TE61 is amazeing on the street with a small houseing you will love it and you dont need alot of stall for it to work of course if you do get a higher stall it will just get better.:D Mine worked really good when i used a modified D5 converter.Recom 55s or the new 57zs as well.

cool that sounds awesome. I was looking at running the 57# inj. I have the hooker cat back, should be ok huh? I should get a TH 3" DP also? My racetronix fp kit and hotwire style stuff is on the way and so is my casper knock gauge and vdo boost gauge. I still need a scanmaster though
I forgot I bought an powerplate too

I was think about an EGT but I was gonna do and A/F meter instead. Think I should do all 3? Knock, gonna get the audible too, EGT, and A/F? This would be more than enough yes?

Originally posted by ws6formula50
cool that sounds awesome. I was looking at running the 57# inj. I have the hooker cat back, should be ok huh? I should get a TH 3" DP also? My racetronix fp kit and hotwire style stuff is on the way and so is my casper knock gauge and vdo boost gauge. I still need a scanmaster though
I forgot I bought an powerplate too

THDP would help a good bit and a Dutt neck for the intercooler.

I picked up 2/10's and 2.5 mph with one, swapped intercoolers at the track so there were no other changes except for 2 psi more fp.

All depends on your combo.

With a good combo? VERY low 11's or maybe high10's in race trim.

Here is what I have so far, I just started so its not much
FRESH Spring Cleaning
Hooker 2.5" Cat Back w/Areochambers
Walbro 340M w/Racetronix wire kit
RJC Power Plate
AccuFabb AFPR
VDO Boost gauge
Casper Knock Guage
TB Coolant By Pass
Pit Bull 112 Chip
Thrasher 93 Chip

Going to Get:
Ported Irons 8445's
Dutt Neck
TE61
57#"s
LS1 MAF
Big Mouth Cold Air
3" Pipes, MAF etc
THDP 3" or 2.5"
Re Worked 200R4
2900-3000 Stall
BFG DOT Slicks
Weld Draglites
Aluminum D-Shaft
Boxed Lowers
Pinion Snubber
Brace Kits x3
ATR 1" Sway Bar
Air Bag Kit
Oil Temp Volts Gauges
Scanmaster
Dial a Boost-maybe
Koni shocks

Wow that list is tooo long, better get to buying
Will this do 11's?????

I run a version of a 61, but it SUCKS with the stock converter. I would say that a 3000 would be minimal. I am putting in the 3500 that I got from Bruce. I am sure that it will get it going a lot better. Can not wait!

Originally posted by Taffy
I run a version of a 61, but it SUCKS with the stock converter. I would say that a 3000 would be minimal. I am putting in the 3500 that I got from Bruce. I am sure that it will get it going a lot better. Can not wait!

I would say 3200 minimal stall.

If your going to buy a non lock up then I say stay conservative on the stall. The only thing I don't like about my art carr 9" n/l 3200 stall (#16930) that I got from cotton was it seamed a tad loose on the big end of the track. I run a low rpm stock cam motor though. I think that any after market cam and slightly to moderately higher shift points would have made this an awesome street strip convertor.

Call Jack Cotton and give him a shot at your business. Hes a great guy to deal with.

HTH: Jason

Back