Terminated

DissT

Not going to write a lavish story building to the results:biggrin: 03-04 Cobra

First was from a 30-40 mph roll from what I remember, brake boosted and I basically got the hit. He pulled slowly after a bit and it ended when I let off looking at his rear bumper which was about even with my front 100mph or so.

Second was from a roll of about 45-50 mph and I got a slight jump and we stayed even until he shifted which let me gain a few feet, then he reeled me in, but was closer. Let off again not sure of the speed but needle was buried, prolly 110 or more.

First race since the rebuild and the guy could definetly bang gears. We talked briefly and exchanged hp numbers, he was at 460 at the wheels. All I can remember is the whine of his supercharger in my ear during the races and him slowly pulling on me to my dismay.

Way too hot here atm to bother turning up the boost which is currently 18 lbs. with 0 knock and a Stock IC.

Stock IC?!?!!! :eek:

Come on now...im assuming with your mods in the sig that you have a FM that you may put on during some other time in the year. If not, get a CAS V4 or one of them new PTE stock location, Atleast a Dutt-neck or something....

If you have them champion heads and all that, but a stock intercooler...ouch.

Get a upgraded intercooler. I remember when i went from stock to my CAS V4, the boost came on fast, hard, and just beautiful!

If you get a new intercooler, you should be able to free up a few pounds, and spool up will be improved a lot.

Go to Steve Woods website and read the Bob Dicks IC Test.....Vortex Turbo Buick Performance

-Adam

Yea I actually have another thread in regards to the IC. Just got my car back after being gone for over a year so havn't had much of a chance to work on it.

Yeah, there are some fast Stangs around these parts, what color was the Stang you raced.

Sounds like my last encounter with a Cobra, but I didn't go from a roll I went from a dig. I don't like to race from a roll.

I had brake issues and couldn't build boost at the line, even with that I got him off the line but he just slowly started reelin me in and pulled about 1.5 lengths on me at about 100mph. When I got home I popped the hood and my boost line from the vac block had blown loose.

I have to admit it is awesome to hear the whine of the Stangs supercharger and the swoosh of the GN's turbo side by side at WOT.

Color was Blue. Not sure from a dig if I would of had an advantage or not. I do not think I would of gotten enough of a jump to matter, if I got one at all.

No more of this Terminator talk! This forum is for stories that end:

"I had 5 lengths on him when I let out of the gas"

get your **** together man!:biggrin: GN's ALWAYS win the race in this forum.

Put a Duttweiler neck on that stock intercooler, a Razor's Alky kit & go destroy that Cobra. :)

Talk about a major air flow plug when everything else in the combo wants to breath lol. You are going to notice quite a difference when you dump that IC for a front mount.....just watch you don't go lean when you first make the swap.

Talk about a major air flow plug when everything else in the combo wants to breath lol. You are going to notice quite a difference when you dump that IC for a front mount.....just watch you don't go lean when you first make the swap.

............. or Overheat with the front mount in the Florida Sun. :biggrin:

well, if nothing else, a close loss like that is always further motivation to get that next mod! good death to a respectable car.

I know a number of people with front mounts in Florida. The only time I have noted any of them having a problem was with a stock radiator. Once recored and a Caspers fan delay relay switch is installed to keep the fan on, I expect it should be ok. Remember however, I live in New York and my car has never been further south than New Jersey lol

I've run front mount intercoolers also but with the current crop of great stock location intercoolers on the market & Alky injection i couldn't justify being burdened with 1 on the street. My alky kit is so effective at reducing the inlet temperature & raising the knock threshold i've removed my 23 row stretched intercooler & reinstalled the stocker. :)