You can type here any text you want

testing the waters TTA possibly for sale

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

fasTTA707

well i keep on saving up to fix the car and one thing after another comes up that keeps me from getting it accomplished so i think its time to chalk it up as a learning experience and let someone with more money and know-how take over from here.

TTA #345 less than 75k miles in really good condition. its NOT perfect but i babied it and it looks better now than it did when i got it due to all the detailing and care i put into it. t-top leather car, seats have normal wear and headliner is a little bit saggy but other than that the interior looks great!

now the downside.... car does not run. it turns over but will not start. the motor has not been pulled out and opened up, but the diagnosis thus far is that the crankshaft is broken. long story short i was going 35mph up a hill and BAM...thats all she wrote. was NOT racing or dogging the motor it just...well... happened. the motor never spilled any fluid and STILL doesn't even leak after sitting in the garage for several months. i continue to keep the car clean, i push it out of the garage and wash it regularly. EVERYTHING on the car works, of course with the exception of the motor at this time (i know that sounds stupid but you know what i mean haha)

here's the deal, i owe about 10 grand on the car. i have know idea what they're going for now and i know the market on these things is a roller coaster. to conform with the rules of the forum i will post my price at $10,000 OR BEST OFFER!!!!!! i can provide pics of any aspect of the vehicle you'd like to see and would even be willing to mail u a video tape of the car if you'd like to see it even better. let me know if you have any interest. thanks for reading.

Originally posted by gn4u2c
sorry man if it needs an engine you may get 5-6 k :(

That is about what I was thinking....But didn't have the heart to say it. Its just bad luck, that's all :(

Maybe you should park it on the street and let someone steal it (not)

Where are you in CA?

I agree. a running car with those miles would fetch around $10K in my opinion. You are probably best off fixing it and keeping the car for a long time to get your moneys worth.

Originally posted by Sweet6
I agree. a running car with those miles would fetch around $10K in my opinion. You are probably best off fixing it and keeping the car for a long time to get your moneys worth.

He's right....Don't worry, you'll be in good company: I have $5,000 more in my TTA than it will bring at sale :)

If you really need the money and have the time....Part it out.:(

Otherwise, rebuild it from a known good source and have fun with it.

well like i said i owe 10 on the car... the quote for repairs was about 5k. i figure even if i still had to pay 5k just to get it out of my name, thats another 5k off my back and i can start over again (and buy something with a warranty this time!) i'm into motorcycles now and i dont really feel the need for a fast car anymore i just wanna get a truck or something.

so what i'm tryin to say is i will really take the best offer i can get on the car. i wasn't really expecting to get more and 8 and that was if i got lucky.... so let me know what you're thinking if you're in the market for a....well i dont even wanna call it a fixer-upper because its really nice all u need to do is get it running.

btw thanks for being more polite than the posters on turbobuicks.com

PS I HAVE NO PROOF THE CRANK IS BROKEN!!! i got flamed twice on the other board for saying that. this is what i was given as a diagnosis for what was happening with the car. i'm not a mechanic so i have no idea if thats really what it is or not. whats happening is when you try to start the car tries to turn over but none of the pulleys on the front of the motor are moving. thats all i know but i will be more than happy to address any questions you may have. thanks again and take care.

like he said

get a 2nd opinion, maybe hes full of s**t!

might not be the crank, maybe the crank sensor went on it. Get someone who knows about these cars to look at for you. Might not have to sell after all.

People that know nothing about these cars always try to sell you a new motor. Customer Beware!!!

Didnt you post that when ya turn it over the pulleys on the front don't turn ??? that is a broken crank :eek:

I went and saw the car on monday. Excellent condition, this car bairly shows its 60k life. I want to buy it but dont know if i would be getting in over my head with that motor. Is there anyone in the bay that could help me fix it if i bought it? Any good turbo buick shops or just someone who would want to get paid to help?
David

It depends what is wrong with it. If the motor needs to come out, figure $3-$5K. Then the thing is if you find out it needs more than you initially think. Which usually is the case. If you can keep your total investment after repairs at $12K or less, then it might be worth it.

thanks for comin by, david. let me know if you're still interested, take your time and think it over and do any research you need to do before making your decision and i'll do what i can to help ya out. i have more pics now including interior pics so if you want to see them just email me at bryan_boudreaux@yahoo.com thanks again and take care.

Back